(Closed) the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!

posted 9 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 123
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m in! Thanks for starting this group. Our wedding is sometime next summer (Most likely July) and I would like to lose 30ish pounds to be at my ideal weight when I go and try on my first dresses!!! Goal is to be able to wear a trumpet style silhouette and be flattering. 🙂 I’ve been tracking on Myfitnesspal and doing an assortment of different dvds such as Jillian Michaels, Jari Love, P90X etc so I don’t get bored 🙂 Good luck to all you ladies and keep the updates coming!!

Post # 124
22 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married may 9th 2014. I’m 170 and 5’6. According to the “charts” I should be like 120-140 but with my wide shoulder and hips I would look anorexic so my goal is 150-160. I already bought my dress (vw113566 LOVE IT!) size 12 but she said they can take it in 3 sizes if needed. I just want to my belly weight and tone legs and arms. I tried insanity workout and lost a lot of inches around my waist(but I stopped doing insanity after 3 weeks) and Pilates helped me lose 13 lbs but ive platoed and am not losing anymore /: also flaxseed vitamins help a lot too! 

Post # 125
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Getting married in 11 months! April 5th is our official date. 

let me give you some background info. At my highest I was 367, I got down to 250 and then got pregnant and gained a lot of weight, now my son is almost 2 years old and I’m still at 290 pounds. I ordered my dress in a size 18, when a size 22 fit me slightly loose. I would like to be down about 50 pounds by my final fitting which will probably be in February. That means I just need to lose about 7 pounds per month and I will be back to where I was when I got pregnant which was about a size 14 street clothes. I think this is a total realistic goal and I felt great at that weight and can’t wait to feel great in my dress! I will post weekly updates, starting with tomorrow morning a pic of the scale. 

Wish me luck! And luck to all of you 2014 brides : )

Post # 126
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I was wondering if everyone is on MyFitnessPal?  If we’re all there, we can create a group there too to keep up with our weight/health goals.

While I have over 14 months to go, I want to be healthy.  I’ve never had health issues and yet I’m having breathing problems whenever I climb a set of stairs.  Not a good sign.

If I’m back wearing a 12-14, I’ll be more than happy!  I want my dress to be too big on me (luckily it is a size bigger), not too tight.

Post # 127
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

So happy to have found this! I’m getting married 10/3/14 and would really like to lose 35-40 lbs (current weight is 180). I’ve gained 15 lbs in the last year since I started working 2 jobs (70 hours a week total) and didn’t have time for my classes at the gym anymore. 

I’m pretty sure my downfall is going out to eat because I love good food! But I’m excited to see everyone’s progress and hopefully have some myself!

Post # 128
7414 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

Wedding Date is still TBD (Spring 2014)

GOAL: 30lbs

I want to have an awesome back and arms to rock that dress (that i havent bought yet...havent gone shopping yet…)

Post # 129
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I’m in, ladies! I’m down 10 lbs in the past three weeks, so I’m feeling pretty happy about my goals. We’re doing two parties (one in the UK for SO’s family/friends and one in the US for my family/friends), so I have two separate weight goals. The events are far apart because of the cost of travel and the cost of the actual parties. 

Current weight: 253 (ugh. I broke my back three years ago and the weight just piled on, but the number will go down!!)

UK party (Dec. 2014): 190 (I just want to be under the 200 mark!)

US party/actual ceremony with professional photographer (Oct. 2015…so not a 2014 bride, but oh well): 140

I’m a vegetarian, but I rely on carbs to make up most of my meals. I’m working on changing that. I’m also using LoseIt! and it works well to motivate me excercie. It’s fun to see the red youve-eaten-too-much-today bar go back to green once I add in my excercise. 

Post # 130
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Morton Arboretum

@Mrsderoo42614:  Well it has been a slow start, I have lost about 20 lbs which I am proud of but I was slacking off the last month or so.  So not one year to go and well at least 40 – 50 lbs to lose.   More if I can.   Anything that is working well for you?

Post # 131
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I know my ideal wieght is around 170 lbs. I will feel good at that. I need to lose 45 lbs and I know I can do it in 11 months. I joined a gym and bought a food journal. I was previously engaged and lost 23 lbs in 3 months working out and eating right. I can do it again. I also need to feel better in general. I hurt my back and went up ot 240 lbs because of the medication I was on. I have lost 25 lbs in the 7 months since I have been off of it but I have stayed at my weight of about 216 for 3 months now. this is my weight if I don’t work out or watch what I eat. My hunnie is going out of town for a while so I hope that I look better by the time he gets back enough for him to notice 🙂 Good luck to all the ladies!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Post # 132
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@canway11:  I decided to do Weight Watchers because I wasn’t really getting anywhere on my own. Also kicking up the exercise. I have my 2nd weigh-in tonight so we will see…first week I lost 4.2 pounds.

Post # 133
1722 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

wow… i posted in this thread 6 months ago about wanting to start losing weight, and only got serious about it 2 months ago. :'(

however… i have lost 12lbs so far and at least 1 pant size, so i’m feeling really good!  my starting weight was 152 (i’m 5’6), and my current weight is 140!!  i’ve basically just been eating healthier and only eating around 1400 cals/day (started off eating 1200cals/day and didn’t see ANY weight loss, bumped it up to 1400 and the lbs have been falling off… at least 1 per week!)… plus i work out 6 days a week (but 3 of those are yoga, so not high intensity).

anyone do my fitness pal?? i’d love to have some more friends on there!

Post # 134
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Im  2013 bride but im in -lets cheer each other on

Post # 135
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

I hope you guys are still into this group because I need some help getting to my goal!

I’m not setting a crazy goal for myself – 25 lbs by April 19th.

I’m currently 5’1″ and 180 lbs. I know for my height I should weigh like 110 lbs but that’s just not reasonable for me; I want to lose some weight, but I’m not giving up my favorite foods for the rest of my life, either.

My grandma just bought me a bike machine for home (she got it cheap at a garage sale she was helping run.) I have a gym membership that I pay for every month but haven’t used in about 6 months. I think it’s time to stop making excuses, accept that the drive to the gym IS worth the gas, and get off my butt. I only work 2 hours a day at my part-time job during the week and while I work 8 hours on the weekends, I still get off no later than 4. I’m tired of feeling like the big girl, tired of not being able to fit into clothes that I think are adorable, and honestly I just want to be able to rock my wedding dress feeling confident!

Post # 136
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Blue Horse Farm

Hi Bees!

My wedding date is September 27, 2014 and I’m hoping to lose about 30-35 pounds.  I’m 5’2 and currently at 158, I want to be at about 130-125.  I’m pretty muscular and curvy so anything less than that doesn’t look good on my body.

I’ve recently begun cutting down on junk food and eating more fruits and veggies.  I’ve also cut down my portion size – I think that was a huge contributor to my weight gain.  I need to get a little better at drinking more water though!  I do exercise, but need to work on staying consistent with it.

Good luck to everyone, we can do it!

Post # 137
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I feel a little late, but I’m in! Wedding date is February 1, 2014. Fiance and I started using My Fitness Pal April 1, 2013, and I’ve lost about 16 pounds so far. I started at 211, and I set my goal weight at 150 (though I’m not sure if I’m ever going to reach it let alone by the wedding date). We wanted to have a healthier lifestyle, so as long as we are still losing, that gives me hope. 

Goal: 61 pounds…45 pounds to go!

The topic ‘the 2014 brides weight loss thread: WE CAN DO THIS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors