(Closed) The 6 Months & Up Club: Part 4

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Part 3 went fast because of all of the FANTASTIC news in the past week…here’s to it continuing!

Post # 6
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I can’t believe how fast that last thread went! Must’ve been because of all the good news. Here’s hoping that this one is equally as wonderful

How many Months or Cycles TTC: This is month 12.5, cycle 12

Diagnosis/Current Meds ( if any): Doctors have thrown around the ‘unexplained infertility’ diagnosis, but I’m not going for that. No meds except supplements.

Current CD/DPO: CD 19, praying that I O tomorrow or the next day

Current state of mind: Kind of over it. Hopeful for this month because of the new strategies from my RE, but not really hinging too much on a BFP

Anticipated testing date: We’ll go for Valentine’s Day, unless AF shows or I don’t feel good about things.

Plans for next cycle if we don’t get a BFP: One or two more cycles naturally, then we move on to some more testing and invasive measures. 

Post # 7
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

How many Months or Cycles TTC: 8 months

Diagnosis/Current Meds ( if any): PCOS with low progesterone, hypothyroid, recurrent early pregnancy loss (1 MC, 1 chemical). I’m currently on a thyroid medication, prometrium (progesterone) 3-12DPO, B12 supplements, iron supplements and vitamin D supplements.

Current CD/DPO: CD28 with a sluggish ovary, had a temp spike this morning and waiting to see if it’s sustained tomorrow indicating O.

Current state of mind: Just impatient and worried, per the norm 🙂

Anticipated testing date: If my temp stays up and I’ve already O’d I’ll test on February 7th (10DPO).

Plans for next cycle if we don’t get a BFP: I have bloodwork on 7DPO this month so if this cycle doesn’t work we’ll probably re-evaluate my meds.

Post # 8
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@jaguar:  You don’t need to OPK anymore!  You got your peak and your positive!

Post # 9
186 posts
Blushing bee

How many Months or Cycles TTC: 2 years

Diagnosis/Current Meds ( if any): me fine, Darling Husband has a low sperm count. He also hahs low tesosterone and vit d. He has been taking meds for it, and his counts have come up to 25 million.

Current CD/DPO: CD 16, IUI scheduled for tomorrow.

Current state of mind: I feel like a raging lunatic. I took Femara 5 mg for CD 4-13, and then had a hcg trigger CD 15.

Anticipated testing date: 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Plans for next cycle if we don’t get a BFP: we are going to take a month or two off to regroup, and then continue with another femara/hcg trigger shot cycle.

Post # 10
186 posts
Blushing bee

@jaguar:  if you got the positive on the OPK, I would rely on that. My RE doesnt even believe in BBT. If you came to my RE, he would tell you not to bother and go off the OPK.

Post # 11
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@missmegan11:  But you can get positive OPKs and never ovulate. It just shows that your body is gearing up to O. The only thing that confirms ovulation is a BBT temperatue shift. So your RE must put a LOTTTT of stock in OPKS! I’ve never heard this before! AND, good luck with your IUI tomorrow!!

Here’s my update:

How many Months or Cycles TTC: 8 months

Diagnosis/Current Meds ( if any): Severe PCOS, 1 chemical, 1 MC.

Current CD/DPO: CD17… current fade-in on OPKs so just hoping for the big O!

Current state of mind: Awful. I’m distraught over jholler’s news and I just don’t even know why I try anymore. If someone who is healthy as a horse like her has to go through this, I currently feel like there is no hope for me.

Anticipated testing date: Blah. 3 weeks-ish probably?

Plans for next cycle if we don’t get a BFP: Femara and monitoring.

Post # 12
186 posts
Blushing bee

@MrsMaine:  i think for the BBT you have to follow it specifically. IT doesnt work for me because I am on call Thursdays and Sundays, so I dont get a solid night of sleep and am up and down all night.

My RE monitors all cycles with blood work and ultrasound anyway. He wouldnt prescribe clomid or femara without monitoring. I got at least 4-5 times a cycle to the RE for monitoring. This cycle I went CD 3, CD 11, CD 15, and i have my IUI CD 17. Sometimes if I’m close to ovulating I go every other day.

Post # 13
186 posts
Blushing bee

and before prescribing any femara or clomid, my RE would make you do a SHG and HSG to make sure theres no blockages and your uterus is normally shaped.

Post # 14
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@missmegan11:  Totally true on BBT. There’s a lot of things you need to do perfectly and consistently in order for it to work correctly for you. I understand why it wouldn’t work for you with your schedule. I just had never heard of an RE denouncing OPKs! I hope you didn’t think I was calling out your RE … not what I meant at all! I’m sure he’s fabulous! I hope your IUI goes flawlessly!

Post # 15
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Congrats blondy!!!!  I so love another BFP!!

And Jag girl, I think you’re getting your shot at a TWW.  Oh how I so hope this is if for you!

Post # 16
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

How many Months or Cycles TTC: Off birth control and trying since August 2010, but 2, (maybe 3??) cycles since going off, since AF has been a no show most months, and extremely light at best.  Last cycle was an agonizing 54 days…

Diagnosis/Current Meds ( if any): Diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago at age 21.  Previously treated with BC and metformin at times, which made me puke like crazy.  Currently nothing.

Current CD/DPO: Currently CD33, with my first ever positive OPK!! on CD25,
so hopefully that means I’m 6-8ish DPO.

Current state of mind:
Still feeling like everything lined up that it’s ACTUALLY possible this month, but currently distracted by a cold.

Anticipated testing date: Feb 7

Plans for next cycle if we don’t get a BFP: Well, first things will probably get pretty ugly around here, and then I think I’m going to start charting/temping better. 

The topic ‘The 6 Months & Up Club: Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors