(Closed) The 6 Months & Up Club

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ll join. Wishing I wasn’t, but happy to have a place to vent. We just hit the 6 month mark of TTC. However, I’ve been off BCP for well over a year. I just met with my doctor in November and she referred me to an RE, which was good since we have only been actively trying for 6 months. I had my day three bloodwork done last week and got the results emailed to me today. To be honest, I’m a little upset that my doctor’s office just sends you results without a doctor or someone else following up with you. My appointment with my RE isn’t until Dec. 20. So now I have these results and Dr. Google freaking me out. According to my research my FSH is high, which indicates a low egg reserve. I called my OB to see if she can talk me through the results. So now I just wait, freak out and “try” to get some work done. Happy Monday!

Post # 5
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Well I belong here too. I’ll introduce myself even though, like you said jholler, most people who are in this position have been around long enough to know what’s going on with me.

I’m Running Elley and this month marks 6 months on this journey for us. Our story is a little different. I have PCOS and a history of low progesterone. In the months we’ve been trying I’ve gotten 2 BFPs but lost both of them early into the pregnancies. We had to take last month off for medical testing and we found out that my progesterone is not the only issue. My thyroid was also too high and from what I’ve read it seems like that may be the root of all of my problems. My vitamin D, calcium and iron were also too low. So we’re taking this month off too to see how my new meds and the vitamin supplements help. Hopefully we’ll start trying again next month but I’m not going to set my hopes on it because I was really disappointed when we didn’t get the all clear this month. I’m just trying to focus on the fact all of this time will be worth it when we get our sticky baby 🙂

Post # 6
715 posts
Busy bee

i’m so glad that somebody opened this thread.

i’ve been on and off the boards for a while now. my name is elchalten. please don’t judge me by the many spelling mistakes I will make. (english is not my first language but I love the ladies on this board).

we just started cycle#7. i have been off BCP for a year now and my cycles have been regular right from the start. i started temping and using OPK’s 4 months ago. each months I get a temp shift and a day or two of positive OPK’s. but still no BFP. one thing that worries me is my super light menstrual bleeding every month. so i’m in touch with my doc regarding this issue and she ordered CD3 and 7DPO bloodwork as well as an US. results are still outstanding and I’ll be able to check in with her on dec 15th.

two first 3 months I was pretty relaxed about tcc including the tww but still disappointed when AF showed up. cycle 4+5 i put all my energy in tcc/tww and couldn’t think of anything else. i was heartbroken when AF showed up. cried for days. last cycle I was totally relaxed. i did not POAS once and took the arrival of AF with my head up. that’s the past and now we just started cycle#7. i’m having difficulties to bring myself to believe that this will be our month (come on, why should this month be any different?) but I feel as if I don’t believe in it, it will never happen.

I tell myself everyday :”i’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, i’m telling you it’s going to be worth it. stay strong.”

Post # 7
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I probably don’t belong here since I have diagnosed issues (PCOS w/ anovulation), but I just wanted to send hugs to all of you. <3 TTC is so hard on the emotions, we all need all the support we can get.

Post # 9
715 posts
Busy bee

@bradybride: the same happened to me today. got my CD3 bloodwork and had no clue what all those numbers mean. luckily I was able to get an appointment with my doc just after lunch. she is concerned about my FSH level which came back at 12.6 and referred me to an RE. 

i’m in tears and don’t know what it all means. to hear her say that she can’t do much more for us and we should see an RE broke my heart. i feel lost. Darling Husband took all the positive things out of it (we don’t have to wait a full year; can move forward now; all the other tests came back normal) and i hope i’ll be able to think positive myself in few days. for now, I can hardly hold my tears back.

this thread really just came up in the perfect moment. thank you for letting me share my journey with you.

Post # 11
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@elchalten:  Be happy that you are going to an RE.  OBs deal with babies and seem to not know much at all about the process of fertility.  I wish I had gone to an RE sooner.  They’re entire job is to figure out how to get people pregnant!

I just posted this, but I have my very first IUI tomorrow.  I’m totally nervous…not scared…just it seems so official I guess.  Darling Husband and I didn’t abstain because I couldn’t handle the thought of not getting a positive OPK and “missing” it…  I just really hope it all works.

@jholler – I can totally see how having an unsuccessful IUI cycle would be even more difficult than a normal unsuccessful cycle…This will be a tough TWW!  Also…I just switched from United Health (zero coverage) to Kaiser effective Jan1.  We’re paying out of pocket until then.

Post # 12
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Hey ladies… Darling Husband and I Are in our 15th cycle of ttc. I’ve had 2 chemical pregnancies in this time…most recently last thursday.  we have been working with my Gyno but I am going to ask them for a referral to an RE. Darling Husband dropped off his…sample last thurs am so I’m waiting for those results, as well as the results from the beta i had last friday (hoping for a zero)  Wondering if my on will make me get an HSG w them before giving me a referral. So for now I’m kind of in a holding pattern. 

Forgot to add- I’ve done acupuncture since August but after this cycle I think I just need to step away for a while. It did really help with my mood and stuff but I just feel like I need to start super-intervention on the medical side. 

For me, the 6-9 month of ttc was the most difficult. Hang in there ladies, we will et there someday. 

Post # 13
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

You know my rambling, but here I am.

We are just about at our 1-year mark for TTC. We started just before Christmas last year, in a spontaneous – let’s do it! type decision, and had no luck even getting regular cycles before the wedding. (crazy, crazy long annovulatory cycles.)

This is cycle 8 now, I think (from memory – charts at home) and we’ve been struggling with annovulation the whole way along, thanks to PCOS. I’m at the end of my first failed Clomid cycle, and waiting around for progesterone to bring on AF so that we can try our second Clomid 50mg cycle.

I’m bored, I’m over it, I’m frustrated, and I’m trying SO hard to be positive, but feel like all this negativity is turning me into a sourpuss.

Love you guys. x

Post # 14
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

And I’m on cycle 16 with one chemical…in case anyone needs a refresher.  Slightly low morphology for Darling Husband (which is kinda normal), nothing out of the ordinary for me on Day 3 labs, but probably low progesterone since I spot consistently for the last few days of my cycle.  I just did my first Clomid cycle and will do IUI tomorrow.

For me the 6 month mark (and the few months thereafter) were the absolute worst and saddest part of TTC.  My only piece of advice is to consult doctors early…there’s no reason not to. 

Post # 15
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

@JaneyD: Oh, you reminded me – hubby also has low morphology & he’s being sent to an IVF lab for further SA testing to rule out any other abnormalities.

We’ll see how that goes.

Post # 16
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Have you tried temping vaginally?  That made all the difference for me this cycle.  This was Cycle#6 for me, with what I thought were all pretty decently timed cycles  beforehand that always resulted in BFNs.  I got my BFP on Saturday (currently waiting for my blood test results), and the only thing I did differently this cycle was temp vaginally.  I think it must’ve given me more accurate temps, which allowed me to have more accurate timing to BD.

The topic ‘The 6 Months & Up Club’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors