Post # 1
Welcome to Part 11. Wishing you all the love, hope, happiness, and baby dust in the world as we continue on our journeys until we each have a sweet little baby in our arms.
Here’s a short Irish wish for all of you:
May God give you…
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.
You can catch up on Part 10 here.
Post # 3
@MrsFarmer: love the Irish wish! Very nice. Thanks!
Hopefully this will be the thread for everyone to get their BFP!
Post # 4
@MrsFarmer: Thanks girl! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get the same result as septca:)
Should we do a new introduction round at the beginning of this thread? I think we have a number of new faces here.
Post # 5
@elchalten: Here’s hoping! 🙂
Great idea for the introduction! I think we have quite a few new faces and it would be nice to know where everyone is on their journey.
@Yellow.Clover: I thought it was pretty fitting for all of us. 🙂
Post # 6
New intros is a great idea! But someone else start them. haha
Post # 7
Here we go. As is our tradition, let’s start with a round of introductions:
- Cycle/Day: Cycle#13, 14DPO (BNF 13DPO).
- History/Issues: Elevated FSH; Low(er) AFC. Thin lining. No male factors.
- Chart?: I was a hardcore charter for 8 months. Now I’m on a break and I love it.
- What you need/are trying to find this cycle (besides a BFP, obv): To appreciate what I have instead of wishing the days away.
- How you are going after it/what we can do to help: I just have to look at my husband to see how lucky I am.
- A special Bee shout out (let’s show the love): All of you!
- Next stepts if this months doesn’t work: We’ll keep trying naturally for 3 more cycles and then move to IUI.
- Have you tried the Jho PP yet: Yeap, number of times and still practicing 🙂
- How do you stay sane in this IF insane world: with redwine and Yoga. And the support of this amazing group!
Post # 8
I’m just going to copy mine from last thread since I just joined you ladies 3 days ago and change where needed…
- Cycle/Day: Cycle 9/cd19
- Chart: No, haven’t started but I know I need to…
- What you need/are trying to find this cycle: Of course a BFP! But I’ve been working on loosing weight (23 down so far) as I feel my weight may have a lot to do with my problems. I was diagnosed with PCOS five years ago. I started BC six months before the wedding and the week after the wedding I stopped the BC. After stopping, my periods have been VERY regular and having signs of O (pains in the side)! So right now I’m not sure what’s holding us up.
- How you are going after it/what we can do to help: Right now I’m using a fertility tracker on my phone, BD’ing every day around O, using pre-seed, eating healthier, drinking only water, Pre-natals, and Vitamin D (I have a deficiency). Other than that, that’s it. I know a lot of you ladies are doing a lot more and I need to do a lot of learning!! I feel so behind!
- A special Bee shout out (let’s show the love): Everyone in this thread or who have visited this thread! X
- Next stepts if this months doesn’t work: My OBGYN has ok’d me for Clomid for next cycle pending my progesterone test I’ll be taking this Wednesday. So I’m a little nervous for the Clomid.
- Have you tried the Jho PP yet: I’ve been meaning to ask what PP is!!! Help!
- How do you stay sane in this IF insane world: Oh boy, not sure. Just trying to keep my mind busy on other things. Now that it’s summer my weekends are always insanely busy. : )
Post # 10
@Yellow.Clover: The others will correct me if I’m still imagining this wrong but the jholller pp (pregnancy position) is leaned over a bed from standing supporting your weight on your elbows so gravity assists the swimmers. Then a rear entry bd and hang out there for a bit afterwards.
Might as well get everybody acclimated to tmi right out the gate. Haha.
Post # 12
@SapphireSun: ok, thanks for answering!
My official answer to that then would be: all the time, but never worked for me. I’m thinking im not waiting long enough.
Post # 13
@elchalten: Thanks for starting!
- Cycle/Day: Started trying June 2011, Cycle#14, CD12
- History/Issues: None that we know about. I have very regular cycles.
- Chart?: I charted religiously for 8 months but have taken the past couple cycles off. I’m contemplating starting up again, but the break has been so refreshing that I’m not sure I want to! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/376ebb
- What you need/are trying to find this cycle (besides a BFP, obv): To appreciate what I have instead of wishing the days away (yes, me too, elchalten!)
- How you are going after it/what we can do to help: I’ve been working on losing about 10 pounds and am down about 3 or 4 right now (haven’t weighed in a few days!). This might sound corny to a lot of you, but I’ve also been praying a lot for hope and patience and lately I’ve found this little piece of contentment with where Darling Husband and I are in our journey right now. I keep concentrating on the fact that we will be parents someday.
- A special Bee shout out (let’s show the love): I love all of you ladies. A special shout out to Jag for being the GREATEST inspiration to all of us. And a special shout out to elchalten. I feel this special kindred spirit with her because she is Swiss like my husband. J
- Next steps if this month doesn’t work: Darling Husband and I have talked about this and we will keep trying naturally until we hit 18 months to 2 years.*
- How do you stay sane in this IF insane world: Praying. My optimistic husband. My amazing WB ladies. Focusing on as many non-TTC things as possible.
*I didn’t have a chance to mention last week that I got a nasty sinus infection right before we left on our long weekend. I was able to get an appointment with the doctor and a prescription of antibiotics—thank goodness! Otherwise, my weekend would have been miserable. When I was there, I mentioned to the doctor that we had been trying to conceive for over a year now and were just wondering about when and where we would start the next steps. He started by saying that he knows it’s hard to keep trying, but that humans are one of the least fertile species on earth and that, although we could start testing if we wanted to, he recommended trying for 18 months to 2 years first. He said that something like 95% of couples conceive within two years.
This is definitely a different path than a lot of you are taking and I can’t help but feel that you guys are thinking, “What?? Are they crazy to try for two years without any testing???!” (I know you guys won’t judge, but I’m silly and I still feel like you might think we’re going about this the wrong way). We’re fairly young, so we do have time on our side. Also, for religious reasons, we won’t be doing IUI or IVF down the road, so by the time we get to testing, we may be more ready to think about adopting.
Post # 14
Just popping in to send you ladies lots of love.
Post # 15
I’m going to post again, in case people don’t go back to check the end of Part 10:)
- Cycle/Day: Cycle 8 total/Cycle 6 “trying”/CD1
- History/Issues: MC in February, no known issues otherwise
- Chart: No, I wake up 50x a night and have no regular sleeping pattern
- What you need/are trying to find this cycle: I want to find a way to feel more in control- but I NEED to find a way to let go of the fact that I can’t really control this process. I am a Type A personality and have never really had to give up my ability to steer my life in the direction I want it to go.
- How you are going after it/what we can do to help: I think that a friendly reminder to “enjoy each day” would be helpful- I’m struggling with that right now. If anyone haas any experience iwth acupuncture I’d love to hear your thoughts too… I’m thinking about starting up soon.
- A special Bee shout out (let’s show the love): @Wispy: and I have had similar experiences so I can definitely relate to her and @Mrs.Jaguar: has been an inspiration for me for a while- looking forward to getting to know everyone else:)
- Next stepts if this month doesn’t work: I’m going to wait until October before taking any additional steps. That will be near the 1 year mark and I’ll feel less silly reaching out to my doctor.
- Have you tried the Jho PP yet: One of my fave positions;)
- How do you stay sane in this IF insane world: Some might say I don’t stay sane well:) When I stay sane, it’s from working out, starying focused on work, and not giving up all my vices (namely a glass of wine with dinner and a coffee on the weekends)
Post # 16
@septcabride: Thank you for remembering us! 🙂 It’s always nice to see the graduates pop in to say hello.