(Closed) The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread

posted 6 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
1190 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I need to lose about 6 lbs.

Diet will range from 1200 calories a day (when no exercise is done) and 1500-1700 when exercising. I’ll be mixing weights and cardio with some p90x thrown in.

Just some friendly advise….it is dangerous to consume less than 1200 calories a day when exercising!! Be careful hun. 

Post # 4
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ay yai yai.  I can totally relate to wanting to be skinny and in shape for your wedding, that’s my goal too, but that doesn’t sound sustainable at all.  Those pounds could very well come right back after the wedding.  Your long term health is more important!  

I am making it a point not to diet, but rather to make long-term changes to the way I eat that I think I can sustain in the long-term.  The same thing is true of my exercise plan.

Post # 5
355 posts
Helper bee

I am losing as well!!! I am right at my stagnant weight… like 140 lbs… I wanna drop 15-20 more and I will be happy! I have been cutting calories… not eating as much bread and sugar and drinking lots of water… plus excercise!

Post # 6
1659 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’d like to lose about 15 lbs before the wedding, but just tone up and look/feel healthier overall. I’m on WW with a friend, and exercising when/how I can. I’m recovering from whiplash and a sprained SI joint from a car accident, but PT is helping a lot and I’ll be able to really get going soon!

Post # 8
4676 posts
Honey bee

I’ve been working on loosing some weight as well. I was doing okay this fall and early winter and gained back a bunch of it recently 🙁  So until I get sick of it I am going back on the Slim fast diet (I know, bad, but I hate calorie counting and it helps me stay on track with that).  I’ve lacked on my excerizing lately but once the weather gets better I’m going to start running outside and going to get back track to my regular excersizing as well.  

The most anoying thing I find with dieting is that being around Fiance all the time it can be difficult to follow.  I try to make healthy and satisfying meals, but them I get lazy and we go out to eat or I try to make him stuff he likes (or Fiance brings a couple boxes of girl scout cookies into the house).  I just wish I could get him on board with eating better and excersizing, he needs it more than I do and it would be a lot better if I didn’t have the temptation! Does anyone else have this problem?  Any tips?  

Post # 9
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

I am in the process of loosing as well, I am curently 12 lbs under my highest weight ever but I have 17 lbs to go before August. My goal is 1lb a week. Ive been eating essential the same things I always eat but have cut out snacks. I am eliptical-ing for 3 miles twice a week and doing anything on the weekends. (ski, snowshoe, skate, hike, whatever just something)

It has been working alright so far, I would love to be at my goal sooner so I can get my dress done.

Post # 11
36 posts
Newbee

@strangewaysherewecome:  

I have a stagnant wieght problem myself…every morning its the same damn thing 142-145 and I really want to be at my goal wieght of 132-135 pounds which is about 10 lbs away. I spin, I run and I don’t eat crazy but at the same time I don’t count calories because it’s not realistic for me to sustain. It just sucks because people (and my FI) tell me I look great but I know they are just saying that so I feel better about being overweight. I want to look perfect…this day will be forever memoralized in photos for hopefully generations to come…I want my great  great grandkids to be like…WOW..Great Grandma was HOTT, lol 🙂

Post # 13
96 posts
Worker bee

I’ve lost 11 pounds since Jan. and I’m shooting to lose another 10 before the wedding in August. It was so exciting to drop a dress size in two months (when I went dress shopping in Jan. I was a 10) when I went to try on more dresses this past weekend a size 8 fit like a glove. YAY

Post # 14
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I am aiming to lose 10 lbs and to tone up before my first fitting in May!

Post # 15
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

i. HATE. running. it will be the death of me.

my wedding too is in august – and im hoping to lose a good 20-30lbs. more than the weight, id love to lose some inches! i dont watch my calories, because i already know im wayyyy under 1200 a day. my average is probably 700. i try to eat more – but im almost never hungry enough! i nanny 10-12 hours a day mon-fri and am going to stop that at the end of april so i can fully focus on myself! im doing jillian michaels + the gym 2x a week after work and eating better, but ive lost nothing! hope to find something soon!

good luck bees!

Post # 16
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

@Jesi818:  omgosh! thats wonderful! congratulations! are you doing anything special?!

The topic ‘The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors