(Closed) The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread

posted 8 years ago in August 2012
Post # 17
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Button:  I have 30 more to lose also, I lost 30 in 3 months from September-end of November.  But right now I am doing…NOTHING about it.  Ugh I am so unmotivated.  I hurt my shoulder (re-injury) 6 weeks ago and my gym time came to a grinding halt.

I’ve been walking with my dog daily, 20-30 mins, and plan on starting the C25K and also swimming some, just can’t get over the ledge to get at it.  I have not gained anything but sure do notice the loss of muscle tone. 

Post # 18
190 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve lost 10lbs since he proposed in September. I’ve had a few weight gain times like when we went to Mexico for Christmas. I enjoyed myself and didn’t think about what I was eating so I was fine with it.

Ive done it all on WW. I don’t work out. But now I’m stuck in the 143-145 range and my goal is 140. Tonight my mom and I are doing a barre method class. It’s supposed to be low impact because I have terrible knees and ankles from my years of ice skating.

Post # 19
943 posts
Busy bee

I’m doing pretty well, 14 lbs down, still have around 35-40 (hopefully!  But I’ll take 25) to go.

Post # 20
190 posts
Blushing bee

So it was only one class but highly reccomend doing the Barre Method or Dailey Method courses. It is no impact which is great and will tone you! My local gym does a knock off version and it was still great. My love handles are so sore!

This week I got off everything I gained from a fun weeknd off last week. 4 more pounds!

Post # 21
18 posts
Newbee

I want to lose 20-30 pounds before my fitting. When should August brides have their fittings? I’m getting my fittings done at David’s Bridal. Though I’ve heard horror stories, the store I went to was nothing but a pleasure. 

Post # 22
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m nervous to schedule fittings. I want to lose another 20-25 lbs before the wedding. I lost 10 betweeen January and February so I’m not off to a bad start. I’m constantly worried my dress won’t fit (either from panicking about weight and gaining from stress or by losing too much). 

Any of you ladies have any tips for incorporating more cardio? I like doing weight training more than cardio. I think I get bored with cardio since I tend to just alternate between walking and running. At least with the weights I mix up the exercises more. Hopefully if the weather stays nice I can pull the rollerblades out…

Post # 23
190 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@shauna.mcdaniel:  I am going to do my fittings early May so that they have plenty of time. My dress needs to be done in July though because I leave for my wedding end of July. We are driving to Colorado. 20-30 lbs in 2 months is very unhealthy. I would imagine you would lose 10 lbs max if you do it through diet and weight loss.

Post # 24
119 posts
Blushing bee

I think some weight loss shows, like Bulging Brides (not sure if it plays in the US?).. make me think that I can lose enough weight in the 6 weeks prior to the wedding.

I am on a contract job right now, which ends at the end of June. So I will have two full months off before the wedding. I plan to make exercising & eating/cooking healthy meals… along with wedding planning… my full time job in the summer.

I don’t have much to lose. Just toning. I have quite a bit of muscle (under a layer of pudge!) and when I exercise, I tend to tone quickly. (I always have gone through phases of exercising a lot, then not at all… oops!)

Anyway… maybe checking in here to see how other August brides are doing, will scare me into exercising! Way to go for everyone who has already started the exercise journey! 🙂 

Post # 25
1238 posts
Bumble bee

I’d love to lose 10 lbs and be back at 125 again (that was my average weight for many many years until the last three- I guess happy = 10 lbs ? Lol!)

anyway, I’ve been working out like a LOT (for me) since January and only gain weight. then I stop, and I lose it. It was starting to really frustrate me until today I read some articles online.

so for people like me who only have a little to lose, exercising makes you hungrier, right? so we eat- usually as much as we burned off, so we negate our efforts!

basically these articles were saying that unless you eat LESS than you normally would, and do way MORE cardio than you normally would- you wont’ reach the necessary calorie deficit to lose weight.

so basically I’m giving up. i’ll just walk and hike as normal, and not pig out, as normal. I probably won’t lose the 10 lbs I want either, but I hate waking up early to jog. and I don’t want to starve myself at 1200 calories (really, who can live on that? HOW are you doing that? my breakfast protein shake is 4-500 cal, my lunch another 4-500, and then a 200 snack. I guess no dinner for me!)

sorry, Debbie Downer here. CONGRATS to all the brides getting fit and lean for their August weddings. I just don’t think I need the extra stress.

Post # 26
1238 posts
Bumble bee

ok, just wanted to apologize for being grumpy the other day! i was frustrated with how I have been gaining instead of losing since I started working out, and half wanted to vent, half wanted to share what I learned in case other were experiencing the same thing.

i give mad props to anyone who has the will power to limit their calories and regularly do cardio. way to go!

Post # 28
1934 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Button:  DAMN girl, congrats on your weight loss!  That’s crazy!

I’ve been trying to really tone up, but since Fiance has headed back to school and I have to workout alone, my motivation is about 0.  Since I started MFP months ago, I lost about 8 pounds, but I really wanted to tone up, which definitely hasn’t happened.  Sigh.  I need to get back to it, now that I’m 3.5 months away!

Post # 30
29 posts
Newbee

I’ve lost 10.7 on Weight Watchers in about 1 month and a half and Fiance has lost 30 on P90X in the past 2 months. pretty ridiculous how much he has lost but I’m proud of him. He’s pretty much eating no carbs still which does not work for me. It’s getting nicer here and I’m planning on kicking up the exercise to avoid the plateau I had last time i got near this weight. I’d like to lose another 10 or 15 before August but I’m not going to push it. I’m lucky and feel like my wedding dress looks good on me anways, it has a corset, and I want to lose for good this time and reach lifetime at weight watchers. Keep up the good work everyone.

Post # 31
566 posts
Busy bee

I just need to maintain. But I have dropped a few lbs because I stopped drinking pepsi.

The topic ‘The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors