(Closed) The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread

posted 8 years ago in August 2012
Post # 32
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’ve lost 13 lbs since Christmas and would be happy with losing a few more, although if I don’t I won’t be too upset over it. If I maintain or lose from here on out, I’ll feel good about myself. I was so excited to see in my first fitting last week that my dress will have to be taken in two sizes! 

Post # 33
665 posts
Busy bee

you all give such inspiration!! I am trying to lose weight. Lost about ten since Christmas and sort of had a bad few weeks. Looking to lose about fiften/tone up!

find me on myfitnesspal mavery8

Post # 34
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

I’m down  a little under 20lbs since the engagement, but I would like to loose at least another 10 before the wedding. Going to get stricter with myself concerning my diet. I have been just watching my calories, but I need to watch my sweets now and add another day at the gym during the week.

Yeesh August is sneaking up too fast!

Post # 35
358 posts
Helper bee

Im going to do an ultimate reset… its 21 days and I know some people who have already done it and lost up to 25 lbs with it! Im so excited!

Post # 36
383 posts
Helper bee

Hey everybody!!

I want to lose 20 lbs by my fitting in July but it has been SOOOO hard for me! I just cant seem to control my diet! I was doing WW for about 4 weeks and was getting into a groove with that then all of a sudden i went on a 2 week travel for work and BOOM…my eating has been downhill from there…

As far as exercise I am currently going to bootcamp 3x a week and I feel myself getting stronger but I am not seeing any changes in my body or clothes or the scale. Soooo yeah I am going to try and get back with WW and get back to C25k (I got to week 4 and fell off b/c i have the wrong shoes)

So basically the hardest thing for me is just being CONSISTENT!!

Post # 37
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ok so I am 1 day short if August (September 1) 🙂  But I was on a 1200 calorie plan.  For some people it isn’t sustainable.  I for one did not feel good.  I had to go to the hospital twice during that time period and I really believe it was my diet.  So now, I am eating clean (Tosca Reno’s book) and it’s really been helpful to me.  I eat all the time, no counting calories, just clean healthy foods.  Good luck everyone!

Post # 38
665 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@soonergirl518:  can you explain this plan to me? It sounds like what I need!!

Post # 39
59 posts
Worker bee

I’m hoping to lose another 14-ish lbs before my wedding at the end of August, at a rate of about 1lb per week. I’ve already lost 79lbs so far just through clean eating and exercise.

What works for me is a limit of 1700 cal per day (logged on FatSecret), but I’m allowed to eat anything I want as long as I stay in my calorie allowance. I’m vegetarian and am trying to eat more wholefoods and less processed food. I try to treat myself to a small something nice every day (like fresh strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate – yum!) and it makes it much easier to stick to my plan. I also love to cook, so I adapt recipes to fit with the calories I have available.

Exercise wise, I’m just trying to move more and enjoy myself. I’m walking a lot more, I entered two 5ks last months to get me fitter, and I did a whole lot of swimming. I’m going on holiday for a week at the end of this month and plan to spend every day hiking, too!

I guess my strategy has just been to make it as enjoyable as possible, and as a result it’s not been that hard to stick with it.

Good luck to all my fellow bees – I’m sure you will all look amazing on the day!

Post # 40
290 posts
Helper bee

I lost 20 pounds in 4 months and I have another 10-15 pounds to go. I want to be 120 to 125 pounds on my wedding day. According to BMI (Body Mass Index) calculator, that is my ideal weight based on my height (5’4”).

Post # 41
3580 posts
Sugar bee

I stupidly decided this last week on a camping trip that I was going to eat and drink whatever I want (aka the cheat WEEKEND, versus cheat day) and now I am in that ‘must eat brown rice, tofu, veggies with a lime squeeze’ for a week to try to melt it back off.  I have an appt with a trainer today who will hopefully create a plan that will allow me to burn, tone, and not kill myself.

View original reply
@KS240030:  Congrats!!!  That must feel awesome.  Have you had to buy all new summer clothes?

Post # 43
195 posts
Blushing bee

Hi ladies!  Can I join in?  I’ll be starting my exercise program on Monday (June 11th).  I plan on doing Slim in 6 from Beachbody.  I did this program a few years ago and it really got me in shape, especially following the meal plan, so I’m aiming to do this for the next 6 weeks.  That’ll take me right to the week before the wedding.  I only want to lose 10 pounds.  My main goal is to lose some inches & tone up.

I just started going back to school (switching careers at the age of 42!) and one of the classes I have to take this semester is Healthy Lifestyles.  Basically, it’s like health & physical education rolled into one.  Perfect timing for the wedding!

Can’t wait to get started.  I want to look good in our wedding day photos!!!!!

Post # 44
1309 posts
Bumble bee

Are you on MyFitnessPal? I am tracking my diet and exercise on there and have lost 7 pounds so far.

I would love to have you as friends on there. I could really use the motivation.

My username there is mariakhar.

Post # 45
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Sunset Harbour

I hit the 140’s! WOOT! Well at least I WAS at 148 Friday but afer my pig out weekends the scale will be higher than that for a day or so.

I know I’m not going to reach my ideal goal of 135-140 but just getting into the 140’s after being stuck at 151ish is awesome!!

Post # 46
195 posts
Blushing bee

As of Saturday, I’ll be halfway through my workout program (it’s a 6 week program).  So far, I can definitely see an improvement.  I’ve lost inches on my waist, thighs & butt.  However, the scale has only moved 3 pounds.  That’s OK though, muscle is denser than fat and weighs more.  So, while the scale has only gone down a few pounds, my clothes are all very loose on me and I can see a visible change in my body.  My Fiance is certainly appreciative…LOL Wink

Sticking to my diet pretty well.  I give myself a cheat day once a week, so if I want to eat something “sinful”, I know I can hold out until Saturday to have it.  It makes it so much easier to stick to healthy eating during the week.

My favorite breakfast is a Banana Berry shake with flaxseed & honey. It’s absolutely delicious and soooo healthy. 

Banana Berry Flaxseed Shake

1 (one) frozen, sliced banana

1/4 (quarter cup) frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)

1 (one) tablespoon flaxseed

2 (two) teaspoons honey (use local honey to get allergy protection from pollen)

1 1/2 cups (one and a half cups) 1% or fat-free milk

Blend on “smoothie” setting in a blender and voilà….YUM!!!!  I buy fresh bananas and berries once a week and cut them up into individual, pre-measured bags and put them in the freezer, so each morning, all I have to do is dump the bag into the blender and add the flax, honey & milk.  Saves time!  It keeps me feeling full all morning.  I love it!!!  The flax gives you a huge boost of Omega 3’s.

The topic ‘The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors