(Closed) The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread

posted 9 years ago in August 2012
Post # 47
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

OK, 3 months ago I posted:

“I’m doing pretty well, 14 lbs down, still have around 35-40 (hopefully!  But I’ll take 25) to go.”

Now I’m at 45 lbs down so I’m on track!  Still would like to get another 10-15 off me, but since I’m that close to goal it’s going a lot sloooooowerrrrr.

I’m still on MFP, same username if you guys want to add me!

Post # 48
195 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve lost 4 pounds (total goal, 10 pounds) so far.  More importantly, I’ve lost inches from exercising.  The scale feels like it has barely budged, but my clothes are definitely too loose on me now.  So, I’m totally motivated to keep goin with my exercise program.

36 more days until the wedding!!!

Post # 49
14 posts
Newbee

Ladies ladies… here is a wake up call.  I am a bride, and a registered dietitian.  Yesterday I spoke to another bride who, unfortunately is obscessed with her weight loss.  She has lost 32 lbs in 2 months and is currently 5’5in in height with a weight of 127lbs.  When we spoke, she told me she still wants to lose another 10lbs. 

It is a fine line, but be very careful of weght loss goals turning into eating disorders.  Counting your calories and then going to the gym to exercise the same amount you ate is a sign something is wrong…

Live an active life, create a healthy relationship with your food, find what triggers your emotional eating if that is a problem and address those triggers.  Food is your friend.  And so is your fiance – your best hopefully.  He loves you no matter what.  Pictures will sure show what you looked like on your day but most importantly it should show what that day means – regardless of what the magazines tell you it should look like.

Good luck everyone, and stay cool and composed – you are all beautiful!

Tina

Post # 50
55 posts
Worker bee

Hey ladies, 

I want to join in here even though I don’t have a lot of time left.  I have lost a total of 13 pounds since we got engaged. I’ve just changed my diet to be healthier and continued to play ultimate frisbee three times a week as I normally do.  Feeling like I need to start toning my arms now but it would be awesome to lose another 10 pounds or so before the wedding.  If I don’t, that’ll be ok though… I’m too busy with the rest of the wedding planning to be too hardcore about diet/personal training.

Post # 51
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey Fit Brides!  I am a recent bride and fitness professional. Would love to help anyone out on tweaking meal plans/workouts for the big day.  I know it can be stressful and confusing, but get in shape the HEALTHY way… do not turn to fad diets.  you can shoot me an email karaemarshall at gmail dot com.

The topic ‘The August 2012 Brides Fitness/Weight Loss Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors