Post # 1
I got my domain and I have been messing with my site a bit here and there. I managed to score… get this… http://www.mlovesm.com!
I have no idea how it was available, and have since received several emails from people asking if I would be willing to sell it!
I would LOVE some constructive criticism! I have plenty to do still, and plan on adding more tabs and information… but it’s a start. 🙂
What important things do you like to see on a wedding website? I’m not sure what would be “too much”. LOL
Post # 3
These are the menu items on my diy website:
– Home screen welcoming everyone
– a Blog that I write on when I have a nano second
– the bridal party
– wedding information – reception & ceremony and map
– information about the city we are having our wedding in INCLUDING weather information for the out of towners/country-ers (who think that having a wedding in canada means igloos and polar bears)
– hotel information (including budget friendly hotel information)
– pictures of the FH and I
– A song request tab where people can request songs for the wedding..
If anyone has anything else to share, please let me know – i’m looking for a few more tabs to put in
Post # 4
Looks great! Good job!! 🙂
I have a pretty huge website for my wedding lol. I wanted to put attractions and restaurant recommendations for guests (most of our guests are coming from 5 hours away) to make their trip and stay here as pleasant as possible. 🙂
Post # 5
@DeathByDesign: Oh restaurants, great idea!
Post # 6
We are putting ours together now as well! Other common things I’ve seen are information about the venue, information about the bridal party, photo album featuring the couple, and things to do in the city where the wedding will take place.
I also usually think of the wedding website as where to find registry info. I don’t know if you’re having a registry or not, but I almost always find out where a couple is registered through their website.