- 5 years ago
Before I moved in, my Fiance rented out two rooms to two friends. One left before I moved in but left behind a huge mess from his smoking habits (stuff that I’m still trying to get cleaned up and aired out four months after the fact) and the other has remained. He’s a fairly clean and pleasant person but some of the things he does just downright irritates me. I’ve tried talking to my Fiance but he likes to avoid confrontation and just tells me he “understands” my frustration. I know that my complaints are going to seem petty but I just had to get it off my chest.
– He’ll leave laundry in the washing machine for days at a time and every time he “remembers” about the laundry, he’ll run it through another cycle. This is the same person who complains the loudest about wasting energy. Each load is also probably only 4-6 items max.
– Invites himself to dinners that I make for my Fiance and I, never once asks if it’s ok but just helps himself. We already have one night a week where I make dinner for the house and we enjoy each other’s company.
– He doesn’t take full responsibilty for his cat. There is a HUGE cat pee stain in the most used common area in the house and the smell has remained through multiple cleanings. I’m not sure if it is his cat that is doing the damage as I’ve caught neighbor cats in our house before but this is a 4 ft x 3 1/2 ft area. I have my fingers crossed that it hasn’t seeped into the subfloor and will go when we finally have funds to replace it.
– He’ll keep saying he needs to take a shower and he’s going to take one but then never does. This wouldn’t be an issue if I wasn’t trying to be nice and wait for him to get his done before I take mine (I’m normally home so I don’t put myself high on the shower priorty list). Because of a plumbing oddity we also can’t run the washing machine or any faucet because it messes with the water temperature in the shower and let’s be honest, that just isn’t fun.
– He’ll also come into the living room and change the channel on the tv when I’m watching it. (This is the most recent behavior and all I could do was stare at him before I just angrily grabbed the newspaper and walked off, not my proudest moment.)
– And this is just disgusting, he purposely farts in rooms that I’m in. Yes, it’s momentary but come on, that’s disrespectful and gross, especially when I’m trying to talk to my grandmother on Skype.
– He helps himself to all manner of things. The single clementine I bought for my lunch, the cleaning wipes (he’ll wipe down the toilet every time he uses it and those things are expensive here!), and if he were a girl I wouldn’t be surprised
This is the end of my list. I know he’ll be moving out in the next couple of years before we have kids and the money coming in is helping to pay for minor renovations but these are just things that have been irking me. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.