Post # 1
Ok the boards re-org is live!
We first posted about the redesign here and got some great feedback from the hive… so we took some time to incorporate it all before going live with it.
A quick summary of the changes:
- We grouped together all the boards into four categories: wedding related, not wedding related, month twins, and local.
- We put links to those four categories at the top of the page. If you click on them, you’ll see all the board posts in that category: for example, the “wedding related” link will only show you posts in boards from that category (like Shoes, Dance, Music, etc.).
- While we were at it, we also created easier navigation for the month twins and local boards… their navigation was seriously lacking!
All that said, the boards shouldn’t look all that different. They still work basically the same: the frontpage shows every single post, and to look at a particular board… you just click on the board. The real change is that if you don’t see the boards at the top, first click on either Wedding Related or Not Wedding Related to see a complete list!
We’ll try this out for a little bit… and if you guys have feedback, we’ll tweak the interface to adjust. I’d like to give it a few days for everyone to get used to it… if it doesn’t feel right after the weekend, we can definitely reassess!
We’re still dealing with a few last minute tweaks:
- We manually moved a bunch of the Invitations posts into the Paper category… you can only access the first page of those posts for now, but that will change very shortly.
- Some of your post counts may be a little bit short… if all looks well after a few hours, we’ll do a recount shortly and your post counts should pop right back up!
That’s about it for now.
Let us know what you think… and Happy New Year’s Eve!!!
Post # 3
I’m LOVING IT!!! It’s been live for about 20 minutes-ish I think??? It’s very very very easy to navigate for me and is way friendlier on the eyes!
Post # 4
I love the layout and the new tabs. It’s sooo much easier to navigate (not that it was bad before…but just much easier now!)
Post # 5
Love, love, LOVE! Well done Mr. Bee & team, well done!
Post # 6
Honeymoon….I didn’t even know there was going to be a reorganization…It caught me off guard. Give me a few days to learn how to navigate it and then I’ll give you my vote. 🙂
At least I didn’t say “I hate it!! Go back!” I’m willing to give it a shot!
Post # 8
I’m a fan! Good job Mr. Bee 🙂
Post # 11
I voted Iz Ok (hehe) but only because it will take me a bit to get used to it. I think it is great as far as the layout and organization goes. I also think it will allow for more WB growth! 🙂
Post # 12
I’m going to give it a few days to get used to it before I vote… but I gotta say… you added an “I hate it” button again? Really? You’re a glutton for punishment Mr. Bee… lol
Post # 13
- Wedding: May 2010 - Philippe Park
omg, I love it!!! It’s awesome. I love how the locals & month twins are ogranize especially, SO much easier!!! Great Job!
Post # 15
i’m kind of indifferent now. i kinda liked when i clicked on “Boards” and everything was just at my fingertips and now i have to hunt for stuff… i don’t even know what Not Wedding Related means!!! hehe.
Post # 16
It’s alright. I was a little confused when I went down a bee-level, but I’m sure it will be back in no time!