Post # 1
In my quest for higher confidence, let’s take this into a thread. I’ve started a pact not to insult myself or ask SO for reassurance on my looks/abilities for a week and hopefully it will catch on. In the spirit of positive thinking and high confidence, say 1-3 things you like about yourself! Also feel free to answer the poll 🙂
Here are mine:
I love my boobs! They’re biggish for my body, but their shape is still nice and perky.
I love being strong- I can now squat 105 lb!
I love that I’m funny, and I make men laugh all the time, who normally don’t find women funny.
Post # 3
1. I love my lips. I have really awesome, not-too-full, perfect-for-red-lipstick lips.
2. I LOVE my eyes. My eyes are soooo pretty – a mix of deep navy on the outside and green on the inside.
3. I love my creativity! I am always finding ways to DIY expensive things. 🙂 Also motivating that is I am cheap… hmmmm…lol
Post # 4
1. I love that I am very smart but very very girly and bubbly (what is normally referred to as a ditz lol I have actually had guys come up to me and tell me, you know what I thought you were stupid because of the heels and the hair and the excitement, glad to see its not the case).
2. I am kind (I hope!) and have been told I am easy to talk to and that I empathize (not sure if its a word) very well.
3. I love my collarbones and shoulders
Post # 5
@mrshunnybunches: Those sound like gorgeous eyes- my eyes are very dark brown (almost black) which I think is the reason people are always expecting me to be not-white. Other than that I look white, but everyone assumes I must have “some other blood” in me or something because of my eyes. It definitely starts conversations, so that’s nice!
and good about the DIY stuff. I’ve tried some DIY stuff but I’m mostly just good at cooking when it comes to home stuff. I love writing, but I could never get a handle on crafting. I did make my own nail polish once though- fun!
Post # 6
@minipenguin: Ah! I’m ditzy too! I must be at least somewhat intelligent because I got a near perfect score on the SATs, but everyone who meets me thinks I’m super girly and sometimes dumb. I figure it’s an asset because then nobdoy expects it when I do something smart, and I get more credit for it. lol
I also have nice collarbones/shoulders. Do you wear a lot of strapless/halters? It’s such an elegant body part to show off.
Post # 7
@anon00: Exactly!! I’m a med student and when I’m rotating the doctors NEVER expect me to know anything lol and when I answer something right that is kind of difficult the look on their faces is priceless!
Not really, I’m not such a fan of my arms but I do wear a lot of off the shoulder and bateau necklines 🙂
And squating 105lbs is no easy feat! You should be proud!!!
Post # 8
My sense of humor and my hair!
Thanks for this one.. I actually had to think a minute to come up with something I liked about myself… and if it weren’t for the “cheat sheet” poll I’d probably still be thinking lol!!
Post # 9
What a great thread!!!
1. I love my lips they aren’t too full or thin
2. I love that I am petite (Us short people became perfect faster than tall ;0) ) Kidding
3. I love my intelligence- almost done with my masters in nursing!
Post # 10
Love this thread. Friday afternoon – the perfect time to make me feel good about myself
- I love my eyes. Nice long lashes and a blue color that changes from bright blue to blue-green!
- Pretty sweet boobs, if I may say so!
- I like to think I’m pretty intelligent – I am a family lawyer with substantial experience in an area that most family lawyers don’t handle
- I have been told that I give good advice and listen well.
- I’m a pretty decent cook!
You people all sound awesome, too!
Post # 11
Hmm… I marked intelligence on the poll.
1) My ability to laugh at myself
2) My blossoming cooking skills
3) My eyes – they are big and brown, but they start to turn golden right around my pupils.
Post # 12
1. I love my curves (aka my boobs, butt and hips!)
2. I love that I’m intelligent yet still down to earth and know how to have a good time.
3. I love my eyes – I’ve always thought they were my best (physical) feature.
4. I love that I’m athletic.
Post # 13
@minipenguin: Thanks! it’s tough, and it’s still difficult to make sure I’m doing it without ruining my back, but it definitely makes me feel strong 🙂
Post # 14
I love my talents! I’m creative when it comes to designing (sometimes)….write poetry (but it’s been a while) my cooking skills (getting better) and I can dance (hip hop and learning ballroom and latin)
I also love my boobs 🙂 and so does FH hahaha!
I love my intelligence as well….I have common sense but I’m also book smart 🙂
Post # 16
1.) I love my red curly hair
2.) I’m a very kind and easy going person
3.) My hazel eyes
4.) I have a love/hate relationship with my height (5’1) 🙂