- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
I picked her as a Bridesmaid or Best Man because she is the girlfriend of my now husband’s best friend. We all hang out together…or, atleast, we did at the time. Not long after I chose my bridesmaids I realized she was someone I would not normally choose as a friend. She is okay to be around when you are one-on-one but the minute you put her around others, she is incredibly inappropriate, rude, brash, has a dirty mouth and does not censor what she says. She’s a one-upper to the extreme and is negative about EVERYTHING. She finds a way to put you down to put herself up. I will call her Stacy.
But I work with her and like I said, her bf is my H’s best friend. I didnt’ want to burn that bridge by asking her out of the wedding party.
There are a few things that happened at the wedding that I’ve been trying to let go of, but they still bother me. I’m worried I might blow up at her if I spend time with her.
Here’s what happened:
1. She went on and on with some of my other BM’s about how I’m HER assistant/secretary, and demeaned my job and all this stuff. It was all to make herself look so high and mighty. FYI) I’m NOT her assistant. My title has “assistant” in it, but I work with an entire team of people, that happens to include her.
2. When my other Bridesmaid or Best Man brought up how she wishes I would be able to get back into teaching and was extolling my teaching abilities, Stacy said “I hate when my daughter’s teachers are younger than me. I don’t respect them at all and I make sure they know that.” FYI) My sister and my other Maid/Matron of Honor are both teachers (and me obviously, formerly) and are all younger than Stacy. So she was practically putting us all down that we can’t possibly be good teachers if we are younger than 30????
3. She put down my stepdaughter. There was something that happened at daycare a few months ago that I mistakenly told her about. And Stacy went and told all the other BM’s that she can’t “let” her daughter play with my stepdaughter anymore because she “always” does these inappropriate things. This is not true, one bit. WE don’t get the kids together anymore with them because Stacy swears and says sick things right in front of all the kids, yells at her daughter like crazy….it’s not a good environment for our kids to be in.
4. She had a corset-lace up back dress and her butt crack was hanging out the entire day, even after I asked her to fix it or put something in there to cover it up. She did not care.
5. She went up to a table of coworkers at the reception and she threw her boobs in their face — was totally inappropriate. Then she stood there throwing F bombs out incredibly loud, and one of my coworkers said “Shhh! There’s a bunch of Erin’s family and kids at that table behind you!” Her response? “I don’t give a F___! They’re not MY F—ing kids!”
THANK THE LORD she left the reception early. I was not disappointed with that.
So the reason I’m writing this is because I mistakenly posted on Facebook that I want to go to this event on Friday. Now she wants to go with me. There will be drinks involved and I am afraid I am going to A) not have a good time AT ALL and B) blow up at her about all of this!
What do I do?