Post # 1
A few of us on another post were talking about a list of things that would be fun to do while us ladies were waiting for our men to come around to the dark side… *cough* I mean, engagement side LOL. I personally have one that I have started this year, as I was tired of going through the same day in, day out routine in my life in general – I knew I needed to get out of the house more and get out into the world (I work 10 hour days and am on call with my job BUT STILL – I’m still young!!)
I thought I would start and more people could add on to it? Might give some of us inspiration and keep us busy while our men figure it out! 🙂
1. Learn to snowboard (did this one.. I’m getting better! and am going to continue next winter)
2. Try 15 different types of wine (I am at 3 so far.. got to hurry up!)
3. Run 4 races before winter hits (This weekend will be my 2nd one.. have to sign up for 2 more)
4. Try 5 different types of food I haven’t tried before (Tried duck in Feb. 4 more to go!)
5. Go on a random weekend road trip (Haven’t done this yet)
6. Cook at least one recipe I find on pinterest a month (so far I am 5 for 6 on this one)
Any additions ladies?
Post # 3
I was going to get more active . I am pretty fit already but just for fun.
1. Join a beach volleyball league and I did and I love it!
2. Go to a new Yoga studio – I bought the classes but haven’t had time to attend yet.
3. Grow my hair – this one is taking it’s sweet time just like my SO!
I think I already tried 15 different types of wine 🙂
Post # 4
@Lulume: I’m a big wine-o here myself and have probably tried way more than 15 in my life – trying to branch out and try 15 different kinds this year 🙂
Post # 5
I love your list! And the recipes off Pinterest is a great idea! I’m always finding great recipes on there! I started a list too! Here’s mine.
1. Make 5 vegetarian dishes ( I say veggie bc I’m a vegetarian and SO isn’t. I was cooking a lot of elaborate meals for him that I couldn’t eat.. Had fun with it bc I live to cook, but got down on myself for always doing for him so much.. So I’m taking meat out if the equation.. He’s welcome to eat veggie with me! 🙂
2. Try a hot yoga vlass
3. Try a new drink that I used to not like (gin) inspired by one of the waiting list drinks
4. Work out at least 4 days a week
5. Jog at the park instead of the gym and then go swimming after
6. More DIY off pinterest
7. Go a week without eating chocolate (this will be the toughest one! 😉
8. Get funky highlights ( I want to try a pinky color.. What the hell! Only young/live once!
9. Bake more.. I used to bake cupcakes all the time but haven’t had enough me time to do so
10. Read more! Just bought 50 shades of grey last night!
So that’s my list so far! Just have to get on it! I’m excited 🙂
Post # 6
I love this! Especially the wine list – that’s a good one. Luckily I live in wine country (in South Africa) so it won’t be too hard to do that one 😉 Mmm, wine 😉
1. Finish reading Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones). I’m on the second book so I’ve got a long way to go. Actually I’m not sure if I want to finish it, I’m enjoying it so much! I read a lot for my graduate studies, so it’s nice to read something for fun, makes me remember why I actually enjoy reading.
2. Watch at least one good movie a week. We have a free cinema on our campus (crazy, I know) and they have awesome movies, old and new, including some interesting art movie stuff.
3. @lilymarie23: I like your idea of cooking at least one interesting recipe a week. I have tons of awesome recipe books and I love cooking, but because I live on my own I tend to make really plain (easy) stuff. Next up: carrot and coriander soup (it’s winter here 🙂 Yum!
4. Visit my local animal shelter once a week to socialise and groom the cats. I’ve done this for two weeks now and I LOVE it so I want to keep it up. Going to take my SO along some time because I can’t shut up about how freaking cute all the kitties are… wish I could adopt all of them.
Really recommend volunteer work if you’re feeling a bit blah (and obviously not just for selfish reasons, but really, it does help). I also volunteer at a children’s home).
5. Run more so I’m super-fit for a 10km in August!
Yay for having fun while we wait!
Post # 7
Great list, I’m finding myself obsessing and I’m on the brink of bringing it up too much so I’ve put myself on lockdown and back to focusing on myself.
1. Really get my business in high gear, right now I have a consignment business for clothing but I’d also like to expand into antiques (another passion of mine)
2. Buy a last minute discount plane ticket and take a weekend trip by myself to somewhere new for a few days.
3. Lose these last 15 pounds. I’ve been doing some sporadic kickboxing classes and started taking tennis lessons too. Golf lessons are next.
4. Inexpensive home projects and improvements, it’s been hard to get myself motivated because we wouldn’t live here after getting married so my excitement has waned a little but there’s no engagement yet!
5. Volunteer again at a local horse rescue that I used to go to
I’ve started on most of these so I just need to keep focused and try to stop thinking about engagement and wedding stuff altogether, easier said than done but I’m trying.
Post # 8
1. Bike to work. I hate summer traffic and going to the gym in the summer, so I figure this is a good way to exercise. Just waiting on SO to tune up my bike and then I hope to try my commute next week.
2. Spend more time with my dogs. One of them needs a lot of exercise and I feel like we neglected her over the winter.
3. Learn to relax more. I’m pretty terrible at it.
4. Cook more. Pinterest def helps me find new recipes.
Post # 9
Based on the title, I thought this was going to be about a different type of list…
Post # 11
I really should of thought of the name before I put that up. One of the other ladies came up with it and I thought it was great but didn’t realize the other way it could be used! But in that case… I would pick Dean from Supernatural or Channing Tatum LOL
Post # 12
@lilymarie23: Haha guilty! 😉 and I guess im
More innocent than I thought because I didn’t think of it that way! Lol… It rhymed with bucket and I guess we could say fuck it like “fuck just sitting around waiting for him to stop dragging his feet and lets have some solo fun!?”…. Oh god.. Now my kind just took that somewhere else immediately with the “solo fun” part!
Post # 13
@killerQueen13: I didn’t think of it that way either until the ladies pointed it out! LOL. and LMAO!!!!!!!!!! @ the Solo fun part!
Post # 14
Haha.. That can always be added to the list to do more of.. Haha