- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
So for those who read my previous post, here is an updated … and I am at wits end.
We last left off with meeting with the Future In-Laws at the beginning of December, wherein they advised they weren’t okay with a buffet (even though they are not paying). And wanted to do research on their own.
Now, here we are at the end of January, and still, no catering contract is signed.
FMIIL in the beginning of January, asked that I wait until the end of the month so that she could do more research before talking to Future Father-In-Law, so I agreed, because it was on my understanding that I was waiting this long so that I could forward with the original plan without any grief from him, or with an offer that they would pay to do it their way.
Well, I emailed Future Mother-In-Law yesterday just for an update, since it is almost the end of the month and I haven’t heard a peep.
She replied, and oh boy, am I upset. Apparently she is meeting with the two caterers Fiance and I are considering today, without us, and without asking us. One caterer is a personal reference of mine, and even *I* haven’t met with her yet. And the reason why I haven’t met with her yet? BECAUSE OF THE Future In-Laws.
I’m feeling like his parents are taking far too much liberty for an event that they are not contributing financially towards, I really feel they have no right meeting with MY vendors without consulting with me, and before I even am able to meet with them. Not to mention that she already met with the venue manager to “go over things” … argh!
And its brutal, because I think its twice as hard for me, because I don’t have parents … I’ve never had to deal with parental politics before … and they aren’t my parents, so its not like I can really tell them how they are making me feel.
Which leads to Fiance, he is getting upset at all of us, because he is the go between (though he admits that I shouldn’t go to his parents directly, because I wouldn’t be so diplomatic), and so Fiance and I are fighting about it, and argh, not what I want.
And also … how long is this going to continue? Will this be like this for the rest of my life with other decisions, like buying a house, starting a family, moving etc. Becasue quite frankly, if all my future decisions have to be decided with 3 people (FI and his parents) I can’t deal with that, and it is certaintly not what I signed up for.
I dread for the end of the weekend, in the more likely chance, that they come back to us, and we decide not to go with what they suggest. Future Mother-In-Law said that at the end of the weekend she’ll be in a position to give their “answer” (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean) and give suggestions and guidance for the reception. Um, wait a moment, I don’t *need* suggestions or guidance … and in all her research, she is just double checking on what I already found … I mean … I’m not a friggin idiot, and I don’t need her to go to Future Father-In-Law and say “oh yes, their numbers were correct, they did do their homework”
*string of expletives*
What would you do?