(Closed) The Glass Houses, Studio 450, other venues too

posted 8 years ago in New York City
Post # 4
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve heard great things about Studio 450. I would check out indiebride.com; they have a whoooole long thread just dedicated to Studio 450 brides. Good luck!

Post # 5
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I went to a friends wedding at Studio 450 last summer and it was a gorgeous venue!  They views are amazing and it’s all white inside so you could decorate it anyway you want.  The only thing I wasn’t loving was where she had her ceremony on the roof deck.  The floor was super lumpy and bumpy and my chair was rocking all over the place.  However, it was a beautiful space!!

Post # 7
922 posts
Busy bee

I went to a wedding at Ramscale in October.   The outside area was very nice for an outdoor ceremony – It was cold and windy so it would have been nicer in a warmer month – and they only had about 40 chairs maybe so most of us had to stand.  The inside space was cool – I don’t see it working for a sit down down – the wedding i went to was more like a party atmosphere – some seating for the older people, and a small buffet..there were about 120 guests there..there were some cocktail tables for the rest of us..to me it seemed a little small….and i would want a sitdown dinner so the venue would have never worked for me.

Good Luck!

Post # 9
125 posts
Blushing bee

Hey there!  I looked into Glass Houses for our wedding.  It has a gorgeous view!  The only thing is that we wanted to have dancing and eating on the same floor, and we were going to have too many people to do that.  Good luck!

Post # 11
922 posts
Busy bee

I don’t think the Glass Houses will work for you….My friend who got married at Ramscale went to visit it – she said that for 120 people she was having she was going to have to do both rooms at the glass houses – one wouldn’t fit all of her guests – the problem with that is on is like on floor 9 and the other floor 11..the other problem she said is that there is only 1 bathroom for each room….

Good luck!

Post # 12
125 posts
Blushing bee

We were are having 150-160, but when we were originally looking we thought it was gonna be 135.  Definitely go look, it’s a cool loft space.

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee

Yeah, I think its supposed to be an awesome venue. You’re definitely wise to book so far in advance – we’re getting married this August and I inquired in October and it was completely booked! 

Post # 15
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

two venues that might fit your description are Bridgewaters down at the seaport or the Brooklyn Botanical gardens

Post # 16
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Studio 450 is indeed pretty awesome!  If you’re looking for wide open loft spaces, also check out 620 Loft & Garden and also the Puck Building down in Soho.  Both pretty pricey and also with strict vendor selections, but amazing views and absolutely gorgeous space.   

The topic ‘The Glass Houses, Studio 450, other venues too’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors