Post # 1
I’m in a bit of a “poor me” mood (FH has been working nights so we don’t get to spend much time together, family is being difficult and I have a bad skin infection), so to try to get myself out of it, I figured it could be fun to list all the things we are thankful for. Be specific, bonus points for originality. I’ll kick it off with five…
1. found an old friend on facebook
2. I live four minutes away from an awesome library
3. FH will soon be off nights and we’ll be able to go to bed together at least most nights
4. getting along better with my parents
5. I get to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert, front row tickets and backstage passes.
What are the little things going right in your life?
Post # 3
I get to go home for a month and a half to see my family
I have the freedom to do so
I am having a beautiful wedding to the man of my dreams in less than 6 months!
Besides that nothing… my hubby is about to go to a hand to hand combat school for a month and a half (which is why I’m going home) and I am going to miss him so much. I walk around in a general state of sadness as he works ALL the time and has to spend the night at the station more nights than not (he’s in the coastguard)
Of course I am also thankful for our beautiful little girl.
Post # 5
I love this! I try to do a mental list of all the things I’m grateful for every night before bed, helps remind me that my life is pretty darn good! Of course I’m grateful for the big stuff (awesome Fiance and family, a stable job, health, etc)…. but here are some of the little things:
1- so grateful that i got a week off this month, it was so much fun to be able to get a bunch of stuff done around the house
2- a bff who is so supportive in helping me to loose weight and stay on track
3- dvr and a bevy of wedding shows to keep me from being too productive 😉
4- sunshine! as much as i really love winter, and i do, i just loooooove the long days. it makes me so happy to get out of work and still have a few hours of sunshine.
Post # 6
What a nice idea!
I’m healthy, planning to travel this summer, and have enough financial resources to live comfortably, just to name a few.
Post # 7
I am grateful for/that:
1. My puppy was neutered today and there were no complications (I am a HUGE worry-wart)
2. My Fiance is back home after a week away.
3. My family. They are so supportive and listen to me complain a lot!
4. We found our wedding bands yesterday!
5. We had a great engagement shoot with our photographers yesterday! (pics will come once I get them in a couple of weeks 🙂 )
Post # 8
-I have an amazing family and friends!
-I em engaged to the most wonderful man and we are gettin married in a little less then 2 months
-I am buying a NEW car today ( i have never bought anything new)
– I have a cute little furbaby that brings so much happiness to me and my FH life
– I won a huge diamond ring the other day and last year i won a cruise! 🙂
Post # 9
I love reading all your lists! Here are a few things I’m grateful for:
-I have a guy in my life who is willing to put up with all m crazyness and still loves me 🙂
-I get to go see my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew for the first time in 3 years on Friday
-I have a full time job this summer that allows me to be outside and have fun all day
-I live in a wonderful city with beautiful weather so that I can spend a lot of time out of the house experiencing things
-I have tickets to go see John Mayer at the Hollywood Bowl this summer (I’ve wanted to see him forever!)
-I am lucky enough to have parents who love and care for me and forgive all my mistakes
-I own the cutest, sweetest dog in the world!
-I am finally healthy enough (heart condition :/) to train for my 1/2 marathon
Post # 10
I love your lists! It makes me happy just reading them!!
I am grateful for this beautiful day! I was able to have a patio lunch with my BF’s mom and our two dogs. Then, we walked a few blocks to the dog beach!
I am grateful that I have a job which I can tolerate and co-workers I enjoy talking too!
I am grateful (and really excited!) that my sister has found a job which allows her to move a mere hour away from me!
Like babyboo, I am grateful that my Boyfriend or Best Friend loves me despite my quirks and randomness!
I am grateful that I have the means to FINALLY pay off my credit card debt! It took almost 3 years but I made it.
Post # 11
I love the positivity…
1. I am SO grateful for FH and I spending the past year overseas for work and having the finances & freedom to spend the past 3 months backpacking through Asia. I feel like we did something extraordinary together!
2. I am grateful for being able to afford the wedding of my dreams! We are on a small budget by normal standards, but having seen so much poverty in countries like India & Cambodia–I feel incredibly privileged and unworthy of it.
3. I am grateful for not having a full-time job this summer–so I can enjoy and be stress free while I explore work options for the fall.
4. I am grateful for family and friends who I did not see for more than a year. And for the basic comforts that I missed.
5. I am grateful for our families that are letting us stay with them until we figure out our next move. They are all incredibly supportive!
Post # 12
Thanks for starting this thread! I’m grateful that:
– Fiance has been so understanding and supportive of me going to school
– We have the ability to pay for our own wedding
– Fiance found a job that he really enjoys
– We have such great family and friends
– I’m going to Vegas next weekend with my girls
– Those I love and care about are healthy, and I am too.
Post # 13
Anyone else want to add to the list? I love reading these!
Post # 14
I am marrying the most awesome person on the planet and my true BFF in 4 months!
I have a job that doesnt pay much, but enough to keep food on the table, roof over my head, and car in the driveway
I have the best parents any girl could ask for who would be willing to sacrifice to make my dream come true
I have a beautfiul home in which I own
I have the sweetest puppy and my fur babies are growing (two more pups soon!)
I have awesome friends that love and support me
Post # 15
- I have a handsome, new puppy who’s 10 weeks old and has brought an amazing new dynamic to mine and FI’s relationship!
- I get to see my mom, big sister, and niece tonight at my hair trial, and finish up last minute wedding plans.
- I am getting married to my best friend in 17 days!
- AND we went to get our marriage license today on lunch – we’re one more step to being official after dating for nearly 8 years!
- And we have an amazing family that supports us and loves us, and pretty much will do anything to make our wedding exactly how we’ve pictured it!
Thank you so much for this thread. It brings everything into perspective when you’re running around and finishing wedding planning. 🙂
Post # 16
I am marrying a wonderful man in just 2 months!
Fiance and I both have stable jobs
Our pet rabbit is still happy and healthy at 7 years of age
We can get the most amazing groceries and produce in Cali without breaking the bank