Yes, yes! This is a good thread.
Darling Husband and I met and married in one year (We were 27/28, now 28/29). We didn’t live together (or sleep together) before marriage (we’re the much loathed conservative Christian types). I hope I wasn’t totally blind going into it. Ha ha.
1. Like the poster above, I was TTC ready pretty much as soon as we married. Darling Husband wanted to wait a year (which we’re doing). It’s been good… I actually wouldn’t mind waiting longer if my bio-clock’s ticking wasn’t so loud!
2. I am not the neatest person in the world. But I like to think that my form of clutter is somewhat contained and most of all clean. I can’t say the same for Darling Husband – the last time he went surfing he came home with his wet suit covered in sand and just threw it in the closet… without rinsing it or shaking it off!
3. Our families of origin are pretty different. This hasn’t been as big of an issue for us as I’m sure it is for some, but there have been a few snags. They mostly have to do with $$ (his dad makes hella more $$$ than mine so our ideas of “financial stability” don’t match perfectly). His parents are divorced and his mom makes it VERY clear that her kids (DH and his sister) are her LIFE. Again, I’m sure others have worse Mother-In-Law situations, but she kind of weirds me out. I.E. I’ve heard her say that she is “pissed about growing older and broken hearted over [her] kids moving out of the house…”. My mom is much more independent! I’m scared to have kids sometimes because I imagine my Mother-In-Law showing up unannounced every day. ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. I’m trying to think of more of the “little things”… hmm… OH, duh – his driving!! It’s probably not that bad, but to me it’s terrifying. He’s either flooring it, or stomping on the brakes. I take it a lot more easy behind the wheel, but I also hate driving. Usually I make him drive and have to bite my tongue or even just close my eyes!
5. He wears mostly black clothes. Because he thinks they can’t stain. A lot of his black shirts have grease stains on the front that he refuses to acknowledge. It’s so terrible. Ha ha ha!
Honestly, marriage is awesome. Darling Husband is the best ever. There have definitely been some adjustments in the last 9 months, and I’m sure there will be many more, but I’m not complaining. If he were posting, I’m sure Darling Husband would tell you that I cook with beef (even though he doesn’t like it much), I don’t enjoy socializing as much as he does, I idolize my father, and that sometimes I let a week slip by between leg shaves… and many more! :}
I hope more bees will post!