- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2015
Hello all!! My SO and I have been dating for 2 years come the beginning of December. We’ve been talking about getting married for probably the past 6 months pretty seriously, we went and looked at rings and talked about the future a lot. The past few months I’ve probably gotten on his nerves more than a few times, bringing up our engagement and when that event will actually happen. He has been super understanding and has just told me to be patient!! Of course this last weekend he said we could go look at rings again (there was a new one that I liked even better than the one I had picked out) and they ordered the ring that I absolutely am in love with!! The sales lady said that the ring should be about 15% off on Black Friday if he wanted to put it on lawaway and he looked pleased about that, naturally I would rather not wait but it’s his money and I can perfectly understand the reasoning. Well, last night he asked me if I would rather him wait to buy it or have it earlier. I replied that I knew it made more sense to wait and I was ok with that, though in a perfect world we wouldn’t have to wait at all. He was quiet for a bit, doing the math and thinking, and said that since I stayed in his budget he would buy the ring as soon as it came in!!! So I’m hoping by Thanksgiving we’ll be able to celebrate our engagement with both our families!! I love him so much and he has been so patient with me and my pestering!! Who knew the light at the end of the tunnel actually existed???