- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
Its been 3 weeks since the wedding, our day was gorgous, went soo well and I got soo many compliments on how beautiful everything was!
The stupid little things that went wrong annoy me and I wanted to share.
– I forgot to wear my mom’s mom’s pearls (she died when my mom was 12). I think this would’ve meant a lot to her and I had every intention of wearing them for the ceremony (but liked the clean look fo rpictures) and just totally forgot. 🙁
– My brother-in law sat where my DH’s parents should have been, on the inside of the aisle. Not a big deal but still drives me crazy.
– One of the flower girls was horrible all day, just does not listen, ran around constantly, broke a flower in her bouquet pre-ceremony, was playing with the mic pre-ceremony, was horrible for pictures and I don’t think there is a single good pic with her in it, she got up DURING the ceremony (front row) and was talking during as well. She’s 6. The other 6 year old flower girl was perfect. Between ceremony and reception she apparently through a fit about her dress so her father (BIL / single dad) put her in jeans and a tshirt (!). HE also chainged into jeans. Really? And was LATE for the reception and says no one told him, when I told him immedietly before we left for pictures to be there at 5:30 to be announced, WITH Fiance’s daughter, so she was also late.
– The flower girl skirts were homemade tutus that bunched up horribly so we had to keep ‘combing’ them down. To any brides who do this make sure they are extra long. They were still adorable though, pic below:
– I was in such a hurry to get to socailize after the ceremony I didn’t make sure the bustle was done right, so for all pics after the ceremony until mid-reception my bustle was wrong, sticking out goofy. This drives me nuts because it makes my dress look weird in the pics, and I know it probably looked weird to all the guests. 🙁 Such a simple thing too, it just needed to be tucked in right so it drives me nuts I didn’t make sure this was done. Here is a pic with the bustle not done right:
– 2 BM’s (my sisters) forgot to take their ponytail holders off their wrists. Not a big deal but rRemember to do this ladies. Just means I have some photoshoping to do in pics, but to future brides make a note to remind everyone.
– Lastly, my ‘signature drink’ was horrible! It was supposed to be pink lemonade, rum, and sprite, and I think they forgot the sprite or put waaay too much rum in. I had fiance try to fix this later but don’t know if it got fixed or not. By then most guests would’ve tried it / not liked it. Boo. So to future brides, make sure you either get to taste the drink as the bartenders make it or assign someone else to.
So that is all the ‘little’ things that annoyed me about our otherwise perfect day. To past brides – what went wrong on your wedding day?