(Closed) The next big thing in wedding trends. Year 2020.

posted 5 years ago in Beehive
Post # 61
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I can’t help feeling that at least a few people are projecting their own tastes on their vision of 2020…

I think more brides will take a less traditional approach to weddings. As more couples pay for their own weddings, maybe some elements will be cut back like engagement parties and huge rehearsal dinners? Halo rings aren’t going anywhere and neither are solitaires – brides will choose whatever they like. Same goes for dresses – everyone just wants a more flattering fit and something they feel beautiful in. There will be more options, not less. There will definitely be technology we can’t even imagine yet. I’m looking forward to a wedding that has a holographic DJ with music playing from a preset list 🙂

Post # 63
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Moon weddings. 

Rocket ship honeymoons.

Tin cans tied to the back of flying space cars. 

Post # 66
725 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

I know this is an old thread, but as someone thinking of a 2020 wedding, it was super fun to read! I think people have a tendency to overshoot the future anyway, but some things like the honey fund getting bigger seem right!

As for paperless invites, I don’t know if that will ever be the norm. As technology grows, people tend to place more value on tradition when we can. I think weddings are one of those things. If anything I think some trends may be coming back (like with lace being more popular).

Also, can we believe 2020 is only 2 1/2 years away?! I can’t believe our kids will know the “20’s” as a whole different century and feel!

Post # 67
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Wedding websites, honeymoon funds, being less coy about the wedding registry are all things that will likely be the norm in a couple years. 

I also think people are going to start spending less money on floral because people realize it can be a bit wasteful and flowers are going to likely increase in price because the bee population is decreasing rapidly. I also think there will be more sweetheart tables instead of head tables. Oh yeah, and more colored dresses paired with white bridesmaid dresses

The topic ‘The next big thing in wedding trends. Year 2020.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors