Post # 1
So, my Fiance is super relaxed about what we do for this wedding. He told me he trusts me completely in making the decisions and he’ll go along with whatever I want (if you can’t tell, he just wants to marry me). UNTIL..I started discussing the time of the ceremony. He wants a 2:00 wedding ceremony where I want an early evening ceremony(about 5:00). He’s pretty stuck on the idea. Yes, I am controlling most of the other stuff, so it is fair to let him have the time, but…I just don’t see it. Here’s why:
1. I have ALWAYS imagined an early evening wedding. I feel it’ll be more beautiful, especially since we want to get married outside.
2. Less hot. I live in Kansas and let me tell you, the heat here STINKS!
3. More time to get ready. if we get the venue we’re looking at, I have time to set up from 8-11am and that only leaves me 3 hours of getting ready/pictures.
4. Pictures, I want lots of photos including pre-ceremony photos. And 2:00 doesn’t leave a lot of time.
5. Reception. We both want it to go into the night with a dinner and dance, but what about the in between time the ceremony, which lasts only 30 minutes, to dinner? That’s HOURS of time. And I don’t want guests to be bored.
Okay, well sorry for the rant. Obviously, I’m pretty set on this time. I’m trying to get him to change his mind, but I do feel bad because he really doesn’t get a lot of say in the details (granted, he doesn’t want to thought either).
Post # 3
- Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA
Have you explained these reasons to him? What are his reasons for wanting a 2pm ceremony?
Post # 4
Just explain that from a guest’s point of view, it SUCKS to have to wait for hours between the ceremony and the reception. Trust me, your guests will thank you and you will have more time for pre-ceremony pictures, to get ready, and less stress! You might also mention that you really want him to wear a tux and it is considered against etiquette to wear one for a 2pm wedding (I don’t know if you actually want him to wear a tux, but it can’t hurt mentioning it if you do!).
Post # 5
Yeah I have. And he says “Oh, you’ll find something to fill in those hours.” Mostly he wants an early ceremony because (well it’s honestly really sweet) “I’m waiting so long to marry you, I don’t want to wait long the day of.” Yes, it made me swoon, but I’m WAY to practical of a person.
Post # 6
my question also – WHY does he want a 2:00 ceremony? And when is your reception?
Post # 7
Find out WHY he wants that – maybe it’s something you hadn’t thought of.
Otherwise – I’m with you. Ours was at 6. We did first look at 3:30, I started with my hair/makeup appt at 12:10. I got to sleep in a little, have a nice breakfast, and make sure everything was ready.
We went right from ceremony to reception so people didn’t have to find something else to do all afternoon. I hate that.
ETA – read your reply. That’s adorable. Do a first look and pictures early so you can share some time and see each other earlier in the day, but your guests won’t have to hang around all day.
Post # 8
@almostmrsj I like the idea of first look before the ceremony! He’s pretty traditional, but I’m sure he would go for that! Because knowing him, he’s gonna be dying to see me, as I will be him, plus we can make that moment a special moment between the two of us!
Post # 9
Well I got him to agree! The points you all mentioned really got him thinking! So he agreed it would be good at 5:00!
It’s your dream day
I’m just glad that I’m a part of it
That’s what he said when he agreed! Gotta love the romantic ones.
Post # 10
AW what a sweetie! Glad you got that sorted out!