- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
The Regional Lexicon Test –
First, Where did you grow up? Ohio
- What do you keep yourself dry with when it rains? An umbrella
- What is the wheeled container you put food in while you shop? A cart
- What is a toboggan? A SLED! (Not a hat! 🙂
- What is the bug called that curls up when you touch it? Either a rollie-pollie, or a pill bug
- What is the wheeled vehicle you push babies in? A stroller
- What are the stick-on bandages you cover a small cut with? A band-aid
- What do you call your grandparents? On my side, grandma (or just gram). On DH’s, Nana and Papa
- If someone speaks too fast, what would you say in response (to get them to repeat what they said)? I beg your pardon?
- What are the long, skinny metal collectors of rain water at the edge of a roof? Eaves trough
- What are the summertime bugs that glow at night? Lightning Bugs
- What do you call a sweet, carbonated beverage? Pop
- What is the term for drinks made out of milk and ice cream? A shake
- What are the long sandwiches containing cold cuts, lettuce, and cheese? Subs
- What do you call the rubber-soled shoes you wear in gym class? Tennis shoes
- What are the sugary colored toppings on ice cream sundaes? Sprinkles
- What is a paczki? A Polish jelly-filled pastry (similar to a doughnut), made for Fat Tuesday to use up sugar in the house before Lent.
- What are the little bumps called that show up on your skin when you feel cold? Goose bumps
- What do you call a party where everyone brings a dish to share? A potluck
Thought the hive might have fun seeing everyone’s different responses on this. Have fun!