(Closed) The scent of bleach is burned into my nose hairs.

posted 9 years ago in Home
Post # 3
Member
946 posts
Busy bee

My mom used to ONLY clean with bleach.  The entire house.  It was ridiculous.  To this day if my best friend smells bleach she automatically throws up.

Post # 4
Member
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

This is kinda gross, but does the smell of bleach and chlorine ever remind you girls of… well… something else? ;p

Post # 5
Member
5262 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Ick, I’m sorry!

I’m allergic to bleach, so I actually can’t breathe around it, get hives if I go in a pool with chlorine, etc. It’s really hard because we have communal laundry rooms in the apartment, so if someone uses a bleach detergent (a lot of it) before me, I sometimes get hives just from the residue. 

Yet, my whole life my dad cleaned with bleach because he thinks allergies are “in your head.” *Sigh*

Post # 6
Member
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Well uh, bleach is very basic and corrosive–it can actually burn your mucous membranes, so do be careful around it! I loathe the smell of it, too. That and ammonia–which my mom used to mop with. But bleach smell will linger around, particularly on porous surfaces like whatever you were cleaning.

Post # 8
Member
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

haha.. me too @toaster cat, i’m curious now. I must be a nerd Undecided

ack, i don’t like the smell of bleach either.  it does linger!!

Post # 9
Member
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Er, not to be very crass haha, but I think that bleach and chlorine smell like a certain male secretion… *wrinkles nose* sorry for being so vague!

Post # 10
Member
375 posts
Helper bee

LOL @ ToasterCat!  I TOTALLY caught on from the get go…

The topic ‘The scent of bleach is burned into my nose hairs.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors