(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 10/22 – 10/28

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
46 posts
Newbee

Add me, on, ladies! I’m new but he said it was coming this month (and I am also nearing the end of my mental deadline) and my anxiety went through the roofUndecided, causing me to look online for support. THANK YOU ALL for being here!!! I feel just as anxious but not as crazy.

I haven’t said anything since Thursday morning. (And only talked about “big trip” [READ: HM] ideas on Wed night. I think I’ve been quiet about weddings (to him) since 10/12. Since finding y’all, I’ve been able to keep quiet to my BFFs, too. PHEW!

If he comes through as he has said, I see it happening in the next 7 days [fingers crossed]!

Post # 4
1059 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in (as always)!

Post # 5
178 posts
Blushing bee

Count me in… although last night So said “you know it could take a year or so to pop the question” UGH we got the ring three weeks ago! Hoping to keep it zipped this week! 

Post # 7
242 posts
Helper bee

I’m in for sure. I kept it quiet for 3 days and hope to

continue this streak. I was a bad snooper though yesterday. I looked through his desk drawer and found 2 books on buying diamond rings plus a list that consisted of number one being “ring”number two being “proposal idea” and then a couple of nonrelated things. Good promising stuff but I honestly need to freaking stop snooping because he might push back the proposal even more! So the shut it up pact is CRUCIAL at this point. I also told him I hate the word “eventually” so hopefully he won’t use that anymore and send me into a tailspin. Good luck to all the waiting bees this week!

Post # 9
242 posts
Helper bee

Ha! I would have negative points if that rule went into effect. I’m no longer a closet snooper. It’s out in the open now! (I’m actually a desk drawer snooper apparently lol). Seriously I am going to do my best not to snoop anymore.

Post # 10
88 posts
Worker bee

I’m in again, I did pretty well last week but yesterday we had a talk and it was a bit of a bad waiting day. I didn’t initiate it but engagement and the future eventually came up and he’s apparently not very far in making any of the plans we’d talked about a reality (despite the fact that the timeline we discussed “expires” in four months and there are days I really wonder if my 35 year old SO is ever going to feel truly ready and stop being so damn scared to make a decision. Anyways, I’m turning the attention back on myself, I did a little retail therapy, have been working out and sticking to my diet and going to start a new oil painting this week.  Today is a new day and I’m starting fresh with no talk of it 🙂

Post # 11
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Ok this is my first week of signing up and I’m planning on shutting it up in front of my SO and everyone else as well unless, as the rule states, the other person brings it up first.

I do have to confess that the SO and I both like watching Bridezillas together to get our weekly dose of cray-cray.

Post # 12
66 posts
Worker bee

I’m in!!!

Goodluck everyone, we can do it Laughing

Post # 13
1404 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Excitedly adds BEE-bling-right-hand-ring to jewellery box

Ladies this should (fingers crossed) be my last week as a bee-in-waiting. My SO and I leave on Saturday morning for our getaway and I’m battling butterflies 24/7 thinking about what could happen (the proposal), and having sleepless nights thinking about what will happen (the skydive!). Either way, it’ll be so nice spending time away with him. We haven’t been on a holiday in a long time and after losing our baby in early September (I was 3 months pregnant), we definitely deserve something special. Good luck to all of the bees this week!! Now S.I.U! 😉

Post # 14
66 posts
Worker bee

@katlovesjames:  So excited to see whether this is ur last week of waiting! Sounds like it may well be. Just 5 more days of shutting it up!! Good luck 🙂

Post # 15
482 posts
Helper bee

count me in. but im not sure ill make it :/ i just recently found out i have PCOS, needless to say my bio clock is ticking LOUDLY. ill be 29 in a cpl of months, i always aimed to be married by 30, and finish having kids before 35. i havent told SO yet about my diagnosis, but i have a feeling that when i do, ill ugly cry about not being engaged yet and wanting more kids in a certain time.

sigh* im gonna try to keep things short when i tell him. keyword is TRY. we’ll see.

Post # 16
66 posts
Worker bee

@NickiBee:  You can do it!! It is disappointing to be diagnosed with PCOS, I was 2 years ago and it’s definitely something you would rather do without!! There are many treatments for fertility that I will no doubt have to explore further down the track but hey, at least there are things that can be done, stay positive Laughing

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 10/22 – 10/28’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors