Post # 3
662 posts
Busy bee

Oh I am SO in !!! 

Good luck everyone! 

Post # 4
662 posts
Busy bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  My SO used to let me count the money as it went into the savings jar but now he’s hidden it from me.  I’m hoping that is a good sign.  I’m hoping he just wants to surprise me, lol.

I like that your SO will know when the sales are!  A month ago or so I said to my SO “you know… the holidays are coming…. so I’m sure certain places with shiny things will have holiday sales….”

I think that might have backfired on me though, because I think now he’s waiting for a sale!  HA!

Glad to see you are safe and sound!  Was a bit worried about you and the storm damage.

Post # 5
1059 posts
Bumble bee

This past week might have been my best yet. I had a small slip-up yesterday but he was half-awake and didn’t pay attention to it/didn’t hear it so I’m not counting it. And I’m back to mostly waking up annoyingly happy, and have identified the times when waiting is hardest so can fix that. My SO has been saying more of the right things too, but I’m not going to get excited about that until he proposes or buys a ring.

Yay to progress, even if it just means feeling better about waiting!

Post # 6
662 posts
Busy bee

@MariaW:  Awww Maria I’m so happy to hear that your waiting is becoming more of a positive experience!  Congrats on figuring out when and how to fix the hard times!  It makes me feel so glad that you’re in a great place! 

Post # 7
1059 posts
Bumble bee

@Bunny82:  Yeah it’s mostly when I wake up at night and on weekends I don’t have stuff planned. I think that even though this waiting business sucks, especially for those of us waiting on an “if” instead of a “when” it can be good – it’s certainly taught me that I should put myself first and the relationship second, and not the other way around.

Thanks for being glad for me – it’s support like this that makes me come back here, and probably a large part of why I feel better!

Post # 8
1430 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m still waiting, but I’ve been trying my best to keep quiet about all things wedding related. My SO not so much. He mentioned to his parents that we are getting married in my hometown which is about 2,500 miles away. His dad didn’t seem too happy about that, but my wonderful SO stood up for me about it. He told him I moved here, so it’s only fair we get married down there.  And then he brought up more ring and wedding related stuff. This is going to be a hard wait for me…

Post # 10
309 posts
Helper bee

Ive been doing pretty good, but my SO is making it really hard!!

(It doesnt count when he brings up stuff right?) He has brought up the ring 3 times in the last 3 days! Talking about stone size, how high I want the stone off the finger, confirming my size, asked me to send him the link again, to make sure he had the right ring…

He still says he isnt ready… but he did leave his browser open and I saw that he created an account on etsy and had contacted the seller. I didnt want to snoop so I didnt click “back” to see what the conversation was about…

That’s “my precious” lol

Post # 11
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I am honored bees, truly honored (hahaha). My SO has been so busy and stressed with work that I have had some motivation to keep my mouth shut. His work schedule should ease up by the end of this week but I am going to see him in a week and a half so it’s my goal to shut-it-up until then and for the duration of my trip! I am really focusing on fitness and diet and that is distracting me a lot. But the big challenge will be not saying anything or crying if it does not happen over this trip—because there’s always Christmas right? 

Post # 12
1430 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  True, but it is making it harder for me to shut up about everything. I mean I get to a place where engagements and weddings are the farthest thing from my mind. And that is exactly when he brings something up. I just wish he would propose already so he can put me out of my misery, haha.

Post # 13
1583 posts
Bumble bee

I’ll join… but i’ll still watch bridezillas…he’s just staring to come around and participate in my commentary…and my adoration of the show has nothing to do with my own aspirations…!

Post # 14
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I have good feelings about this week!! Last night was my half birthday (a little silly I know) and SO made me an AMAZING four course meal!! And on Thursday we fly to Florida to spend the Weekend in Disney World!!  I know a proposal won’t be happening for months, so I am going to try really hard this week to just enjoy it!!

Post # 15
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Ok I’m in! New pact, new start Laughing No bringing up talks of rings and/our engagement plans to the SO or anyone else for that matter. Unless they bring it up first of course – but I won’t be the one to bring it up because I need a break from it lol.

It’ll be hard though. I’ve got a dinner with my two best girlfriends where we will be discussing the wedding – one of them is getting married and the other friend and I will be her bridesmaids. And then there’s the SO’s dad’s birthday lunch – and his family knows about our plans to get engaged at Vegas grrr

Post # 16
1404 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Count me in again. It’s been over 3 weeks since my last engagement-related outburst and since then I’ve managed to shut it up the entire time. Though I must say it’s getting harder every day to keep quiet knowing the ring is in the house. Only 9 days until our anniversary so hopefully that’s as long as I’ll have to wait.

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/05 – 11/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors