(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/07 – 11/19

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 137
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@PenguinLove:  We all love what we love!  Everyone is different – I think it’s great you want a unique ring!  I’m sure you’ll love it in person.  Is there a Tiffany’s nearby you could go and see it?  Or at least a similar ring?

Post # 138
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hey Ladies! I have been super MIA this pact. I was doing SOOO well! I think I got to day 28 before having an awesome weekend with my SO resulting in me now being at day 2. We had a good conversation on Friday night and an awesome lunch on Saturday. I am proud to say that he asked me what I want for Christmas, and I didn’t mention jewelry at all. (Honestly though, I really wouldn’t want a holiday engagement.) I did however, ask if he wanted to go into a Tiffany’s store we walked by later that afternoon…. he said “No, they are going to make me feel bad if I don’t buy you something”. I laughed told him that compared to how many people go into a Tiffany’s store, the number of people who buy things is probably much lower. He didn’t buy it. Since I had already broken the pact, I oogled at the window display. 

Anyway, it got worse. Out on Saturday night I took the bait of my Future Sister-In-Law and an alcohol-induced talking spree occured. (To my defense, we were at a dueling piano bar, and there was a wedding party… I made the point that there is no way I would go to a dualing piano bar after my wedding reception.) So, I had a pretty non-shutting-it-up weekend. So I start again. (That 3-4 week mark seems to be my downfall.) 

Seriously though, I really need to clean up my act. We have had multiple conversations over the years with the statements “our kids” or “when we get married” etc. so I know it will happen at some point. I really want to just ride this state of pre-engagement bliss that I am in. He is the most amazing person and I am just excited to be with him! My plan is to “hide” my pinterest app on my iPad, and I will be limiting myself to maybe 1 hour per week on the bee. Wish me luck! 

Post # 139
964 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
@kandykane1:  I live in London so there is a few tiffanys near-ish me 🙂

Post # 140
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@PenguinLove:  you should go see if you can try it on!!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/07 – 11/19’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors