(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/07 – 11/19

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 92
2034 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@kandykane1:  My only other advice here is maybe start a thread about this under the waiting blog…I don’t know why this pact isn’t more popular!!

It’s Friday!!  Where is everyone haha!

Post # 93
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@veryberry13:  I posted the question under this thread just because I super trust the advice and judgement of the bees who frequent the SIUP!  Not that I don’t trust other judgements, but we’ve all been here for each other for a while now and you ladies are the ones I like to get advice from!  πŸ™‚

I know!  I have no idea where everyone is.  It makes me a bit sad!

Post # 94
2034 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@kandykane1:  Haha I know right, we are supportive on here, and it makes me sad too that not more people are on here talking!! 

OH well!! 

Post # 95
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@veryberry13:  Well, to be honest…I think it was a lot busier in here earlier this year.  We’ve actually had a lot of proposals over the last six months or so.  Which is GREAT because we finally get to see some Waiting Bees celebrate what they have been waiting for!  But at the same time, it sort of tears apart our little Waiting community one by one.  It seems like we haven’t had as many newbies recently (either that or they haven’t joined the SIUP).  Not sure why that is!

Post # 96
1220 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@kandykane1:  ok, I think it’s fine to let your dad say something to your [email protected]
View original reply
veryberry13: is right that it would be strange if your SO got weirded out by that. Besides, your dad will probably do it anyway if it’s important to him. LOL well maybe not but my dad will say whatever’s on his mind to whoever is around. So don’t worry about that!

Now, about Kay Jewelers, I”m sick of their commercials already. I remember the one with the guy who had the ring sized and proposed in the store..that one didn’t do much for me lol I thought it was pretty stupid honestly. I probably wouldn’t shop there anyway because I think they might be overpriced (like most mall stores) but I did like the stuff on that new colored diamond commercial…so we’ll see.

Happy Friday ladies! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Post # 97
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@MexiPino:  I think this is my VERY LAST Shut it up Pact!!’ At least I’m really hoping so!! EEEEK! 

Post # 98
214 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@kandykane1:  Im here! πŸ™‚ Ive been keeping up with everyone. I just havent been posting anything because there hasnt been much said about me and my SO and marriage, etc. Ive been keeping my mouth shut! And I have a tenancy to post thing completly irrelevant to the SIUP. I dont want to bore ya’ll with my personal problems! 

I feel your pain about your parents (dad in particular) my dad and step mom are the same way. It has seemed to become a habit of them to bring up marriage. Me and my SO are the next canidates. He even told my SO that it was going to be a shotgun wedding! (in a joking way) I know my SO feels pressured when we are around my parents so I try to keep my mouth shut so he doesnt feel double pressured. Maybe you should privately talk to your dad and tell him that you are trying not to make your SO feel pressured and maybe your dad will get the hint. Hope all goes well!

View original reply
@veryberry13:  I love my bracelet! πŸ™‚ I got all the things at Hobby Lobby if you ever want to make one! If I could I would make everyone one!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Post # 99
80 posts
Worker bee

Been lurking on this pact! I’m pretty proud of myself (and everyone else, too!) that today is day 9…longest I think I’ve ever gone. I’m at that “peaceful waiting” stage where I know it’s coming eventually and talking about it isn’t going to hurry the process along.

We had a talk about the future; I asked him where he sees himself in 6 months and he said, “Engaged to you and planning our wedding,” so there you have it!

Bees grant us strength to get through the weekend quietly.

Post # 100
2034 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@purpledaisies:  HAHA we are all a bunch of kay proposal commercial haters lol!!  Toooo funny!

View original reply
@ohhbitty:  Ohhhhhexciting ohhhhbitty!  lol! Tongue Out  You are a matter of days from seeing your Fiance (basically FI!! LOL!) is that right?  I’m excited for you!  I think @creiddylad was the last person to say it was one of her last ones and she was right lol.

View original reply
@Mine29:  I don’t even know what hobby lobby is because we don’t have one where I live!!  UGH! Yell  <—-I’m just loving this face today haha.  It makes me laugh.  Seriously though, I’m going to be on the lookout for anything bee wherever I can find something. 

View original reply
@Evanstobe:  Heeeeeeyyy bee!  I like the way you put that ‘peaceful waiting stage’.  I’m *sorta* there myself.  I know it’s happening…I just really hope it’s not until this time next year that the actual engagment happens lol.  In the meantime I’ve been given the greenlight to start planning ideas for the wedding so that helps me get some ideas and pass the time.

It’s good to see everyone on here!!  I’m cooking spinach lasagna rolls for dinner tonight and hanging out in the hive/shut it up pact lol.  Hope everyone is doing well!  TGIF!

Post # 101
441 posts
Helper bee

Keeping up shutting it up over here. Still have my countdown timer for March 1st. Still confident that he will either do it by then or will have a “real” reason not to. But shutting it up has been amazingly easy this past week because his Ex-Hole has been so melodramatic and stirred up such a mess with their son’s school, counselor, and us that I have no desire to push him to engagement. Hell, at this point I can only hope that some more observation will convince me I’m willing to accept a life with this woman. I’m used to it and over the last 2 years his reactions to her “stuff”  have improved .  So I’m just kvetching. I love him. I love our little family (3 boys between us). I worry about his son and how the constant mama melodrama affects him. But SIU has never been so easy!  πŸ˜€

Post # 102
538 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@SomedaymrsWDS:  “Ex-hole” hahahaha love that! sorry about all the drama though πŸ™‚

Post # 104
72 posts
Worker bee

Hey everyone, been quiet for 17 days *whew…* can’t believe I’ve been quiet this long but I think it’s been good. SO has been extremely stressed from work this past week, and I’m sure he’s happy I haven’t been a crying mess or bugging him about a ring πŸ˜›

Hate when he’s so stressed like this though, trying my best to give him space to just chill. 

And to continue, I really am not a fan of the Kay commercials (thought it was only me!). Always cheesy scenarios–I remember one where there’s a couple inside a cabin watching the thunderstorm, she gets frightened and hugs him and he says “Don’t worry, I’m here. And I always will be” Blegh…

Post # 105
441 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@tigerallie:  I hate that commercial too!  I want to gag. And this is what the media tells men we want. Geez, no wonder they freak out about proposals. Renting that elaborate cabin for a week cost more than the engagement ring!

Post # 106
1220 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@tigerallie:  lmao oh that commercial was terrible too! I think Kay needs to fire their commercial writers! Congrats on keeping quiet for 17 days!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/07 – 11/19’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors