(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/19 – 12/02

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1059 posts
Bumble bee

I’m with you on this!!!! Thanks for restarting the pact, and I hope your waiting days are getting easier!

Post # 4
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Sigh, I give in, I take the pact. It’s gonna be a rough 3 months. My 23 year old cousin just booked her venue and found her wedding dress, a friend from HS got engaged and I’m going to turn 29 on the 7th without a ring. But I vow to shut it up and be happy for the people who are engaged meanwhile I’ve been waiting for over a year, and he’s had the ring for 9 months now. AAARRRGGGGHHHH!

Post # 5
1059 posts
Bumble bee

@annasaf83:  Wait till you hit 30! But I feel you, having the ring for over 9 months would drive me bonkers. Good luck, at least you know it’s coming!

Post # 6
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

@MariaW:  Yes and I know when as well(Valentine’s Day), but it doesn’t make the time go faster 🙁 And now he’s noticed a possible flaw in the ring so I’m a mess lol.

Post # 8
1059 posts
Bumble bee

I told my SO he needs to figure stuff out soon. But he called me silly because I got upset over something he said, which I probably wouldn’t have if I wasn’t waiting. Gah!

On the bright side, he did yammer on over the weekend about what our married lives would be like, and talk about when we should get hitched and such. So he is making progress but gosh sometimes I just feel like it is sooooo slow.

I’m not counting this as a fail since I didn’t nag, and just pointed out why I was being sensitive to what he said and how I felt. More power to me for justifying failing the shut it up pact, haha! No more bringing it up at all now – even if he brings it up I’m just going to say something like “that’s nice” or “oh look a squirrel.” That second part might be weird if we’re in a shopping mall or something, but whatever!

Post # 10
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yes…I need a big cup o’ STFU! I brought enough to share lol

Post # 12
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@MariaW:  same thing happened to me. Got upset twice about things that would not have upset me if he’d MAN UP. also i busted outta the pact last night guys. i am NOT spartacus

Post # 13
238 posts
Helper bee

I had the timeline talk with the bf last night and I promised to forever shut my yap til it happens. Ohhhhhh it’s gonna be a tough ride. A tough ride indeed. I’m in!

Post # 15
50 posts
Worker bee

A Newbie waiting Bee…I’m definitely in!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 11/19 – 12/02’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors