(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/14 – 1/20

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
3248 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Oooh, fun, thank you for the Bee Bracelet, and the support!

I’m in again. . . maybe I can do better this time!

Post # 5
2949 posts
Sugar bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Thank you my lovely prize! Laughing

I’m in again for this week – need to keep my focus on my studies lol

Post # 6
88 posts
Worker bee

I’m in it, I am actually going to try and not bring up anything future/engagement related until our anniversary next month. So far I’m one whole day in πŸ™‚

Post # 7
3248 posts
Sugar bee

@KatertotATL:  You’re doing the same thing I am– I’m trying not to talk about it unless HE brings it up until our 4-year “dating anniversary,” which depending on how you look at it is in either February or March; we met in late February but we always say we didn’t really get together until March after a few dates.

I did talk about non-engagement rings last night– I’d seen jewelry that I really liked by a particular artisan in a gallery a few days ago, and I found her on Etsy, and wanted to show him the ring I’d almost bought for myself, for fun (but didn’t because it cost too much). He was a bit weird about it– now I’m worried he thought that was a hint? Was that out of line, fellow pact-bees? It wasn’t supposed to have anything to do with engagement ring possibilities, but I think he may have taken it so! I guess I can’t say ANYTHING about jewelry of any kind– he’s too sensitive to it, seemingly. (eyeroll) What is is about this waiting thing that makes everything about jewelry or the future have this annoying subtext and tension? πŸ˜›

ETA: It really does seem like, other than that example which I didn’t think was a problem until after it happened, this pact is helping. Weird that I should need to be accountable to someone other than my SO and myself for not talking about engagement, but I guess I do need that and it really helps!

Post # 8
1106 posts
Bumble bee

I’m a little late but I’m glad I’m late because he caught me watching Four Weddings earlier (he got home from work early, the bugger!)…. the rest of the week – shutting it up!!!!!!

*duct tapes mouth closed*

Post # 9
88 posts
Worker bee

@Creiddylad:  

Haha. I’m now 2 days in, 41 to go. I am really throwing myself into work and other things.

I don’t think you did anything wrong, probably going forward I wouldn’t show him anything jewelery or ring related at all going forward if you’re sticking to the pact. If you want to buy yourself a little something then just do it, or maybe chat with some girlfriends over it. I have my heart set on an antique ring, after we looked at some online I found a few that I really liked which were not engagement that I thought about buying for myself, I thought about asking his opinion on some and then decided nah πŸ™‚

We have several trips in the air right now between now and our anniversary, wow are those going to be hard, especially my birthday in two weeks!

Post # 10
62 posts
Worker bee

I’ve been pretty good for over a month now!! I think it’s really improved our relationship, and I don’t feel bad for pressuring him so much anymore. SO told me that he wants the proposal to be surprise, and it wont be much of a surprise if I nag him.  It’s been so hard to keep quiet, but it’s also been rewarding at the same time. Thanks for creating the pact! πŸ™‚ Good luck everyone! You can do it!!

Post # 11
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m not suppose to mention weddings to OH until July… πŸ™

Post # 13
114 posts
Blushing bee

Argh I hope I’m not too late to join!! I’ve been silent since early Dec and I’m starting to crack!! Don’t let me do it!!! I WILL remain a meltdown free zone!!

Post # 15
62 posts
Worker bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Thank you!! This badge is so cute πŸ™‚ I will keep staying strong and shutting it up!

Post # 16
1106 posts
Bumble bee

UGH! Nerd caught me watching Four Weddings again today. BUT, I haven’t said anything, I just didn’t want sports on! lol

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/14 – 1/20’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors