(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/17-12/31

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 107
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I have no idea what day i’m on…but I know that I havent talked about it, haha. Christmas Day was so hard…hell the week of Christmas was hard! Some friends of ours got engaged, which means that we literally the only couple left that is just “dating”. Everyone else is literally engaged or married. I just didnt expect to be sad about not being engaged on Christmas, it took me by surprise! It still stings a little, and yesterday was rough, but im making progress in gettng over it. SO has no idea, I wouldnt even dream of telling him how sad I am. Especially since I know that he is working on it.

Post # 108
288 posts
Helper bee

26 days!

Post # 111
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
@veryberry13:  Yes! He did talk to his mom, so thats a good thing! We are the oldest children in our families, the others are at least four years younger than us. So I guess we are not last in that regard, just in regard to our friends. Its never gotten to me sooooo badly before. I’m fine now, but whew this past week was rough! It sounds like you had a interesting Christmas to say the least 🙂 I think you handled the “waiting” question like a champ!!! Way to go on not giving her a piece of your mind!

Post # 112
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Week 3 for me I think…..I keep on loosing track. SO went away to see other family during this Christmas and New Years holiday. He will be back this week. YAY! He told me that as soon as he gets back, he wants to take me to dinner and me wear my outfit he got me as a Christmas gift, havent seen it yet since he got it in the state that hes in right now. That day could be THE day!! Im trying to not get too excited because I dont want to get dissapointed if he doesnt ask me. As he said before, it will happen sooner than I think 🙂 EEEEKKKK! 

Post # 113
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@veryberry13:  Thanks. I love my ring…but I stupidly thought he actually might propose and that has been tough. Very tough. I haven’t been on the bee or the SIUP thread as much recently since I’ve felt quite dejected also a bit apathetic towards my relationship. I’m sure the feeling is temporary, but it isn’t fun 🙁

Day 129. And NYE. I’m ready for 2014. I’m frustrated, sad, and feeling a bit lost. I need to have the timeline/future convo with my SO soon, but I don’t even know how to start it. He usually feels pressured or gets defensive. Any bees have any suggestions on ways to best broach the subject?

Post # 114
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Hi bees. Day 78 of my pact. Technically it will be over at midnight, but I might keep it going until the end of January since my two-year anniversary with SO is coming up. On the other hand, If I see a good opportunity to talk about marriage I might just take it and not feel bad about breaking the pact. I’ve had a good run! 

View original reply
@veryberry13:  Yikes! A very good example of why we should all SIU and save our venting for the boards! Glad you were able to stay strong and deflect the questions. 

View original reply
@kandykane1:  I think you are totally justified in feeling bummed lately. You’ve done awesome on the pact, but maybe it is time to have another talk with your SO. The new year is a good time to do it, I think. Talking about where you see yourselves in the coming year should open up the opportunity to talk about engagement. If he claims to feel too pressured, I would probably call foul. You’ve kept quiet for over four months! One conversation in four months doesn’t sound like a lot of pressure to me! I hope you have some good news to report soon. 

Happy New Year, bees!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/17-12/31’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors