(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/18 – 12/22

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
451 posts
Helper bee

You know, I think I’m going to join for my first time.  Maybe I won’t always need to, but after what happened a few nights ago I feel the need to chomp down on my tongue to keep from saying something!

Since I told my SO I want a moissy (with very positive response!) he has brought up the future more often.  Granted, that could be because I’m applying to grad schools…  anyway, we were flipping through the channels and he saw a moissanite show on the jewelry channel.  Not only did he recognize the name in the program title, but he said, “Wait, go back, I want to see that.”  So of course, I obliged 🙂  I made a comment about it during the brief time we were on the channel, but then I switched it because I just couldn’t handle it!  But moissanite is officially on my SO’s mind!  And now I have to shut up!  

Post # 4
662 posts
Busy bee

Thanks @Sapphire-Dreamer:!!

I know this is a little unorthodox,… but do you ladies mind if I hide out here in the Pact until the new year?  My Fiance and I decided to “relax and enjoy the engagement” and hold off any wedding chat until the holidays are over.  So far I’ve failed every day! I know it’s not the purpose of the Shut It Up Pact, but the Pact sure would be useful for me for just a smidge longer!

Good luck to everyone, and thanks again for making my waiting period so much more bearable.  I adore you bees!

Post # 5
662 posts
Busy bee

@qwerty2k1:  Congrats on your SO finally having moissy on his mind!  Fingers crossed he buys it soon!

Post # 6
1848 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Congrats on winning!

I failed miserably last time. I’m so in it this time. I can do it until after Christmas! I have to!

Post # 7
482 posts
Helper bee

im still in it to win it. i havent said a peep since he mentioned it early this month. *pats myself on the back*  

Post # 8
370 posts
Helper bee

I’m in. Though SO keeps telling me. “We have to start planning soon! So get to it.” He’s wanting an early 2014 wedding, but I told him I’m not doing anything until I recieve the official proposal. SOOOO hard. His mom picked up a dress today at the store and said “This would be a cute flowergirl dress.” WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? He hasn’t even talked to her about proposing!

Post # 10
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Yay for winning the last pact!

@Bunny82:  Congratulations on your engagement!

Ok, I’m in once again – I am going to concentrate on my dissertation and planning the Vegas trip – which we are now officially doing since the other couple gave us the ok to go even if the Visa falls through.

So many things to do over the holidays, it’s all very overwhelming but it should keep me busy. The only thing I’m not sure I can shut up about is my (hopefully) subtle hints about how excited I am to go to the Goretorium in Vegas. Since the SO was planning on proposing at Spookers, I’m praying he would do it there instead because it would be EPIC!

Post # 11
170 posts
Blushing bee

That’s it, I am joining in.  SHUTTING UP IN 3…. 2….  1….

Ciel has been shut up.

Post # 13
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Aww thank you for thinking of me Smile When are you guys thinking of going to Vegas? We actually already have our hotel accommodation sorted at the Luxor and it’s for FREE which makes it even more awesome!

Post # 16
170 posts
Blushing bee

Almost blew it already, this might be harder than I thought.  I know we’re technically allowed to reply if SO brings it up, but I am trying to keep this fight clean and above the belt.  No wedding/engagement talk.  Good thing my first pact is a short one!  

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/18 – 12/22’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors