(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/24 – 01/02

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
3586 posts
Sugar bee

I’ll join. I’ve been quiet but he brought it up recently and got me going again, which I hate, so I’ll shut it up too. Still not talking when he brings it up, subject change!LOL

Post # 19
191 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@sealevels:  Haha…

Im in on the pack. I have actually been doing very well, its so hard tho Undecided

Post # 20
39 posts
Newbee

I somehow missed the original posting of this SIU pact. But Now I’m in! I did talk to the SO about it last night a little and he said he knew that I was getting impatient and we actually had a nice, upbeat talk about needing to be more open in our communication and that I needed to know what he wants for the future, etc. NOW…I have to shut up til after the new year!

My mouth is zipped ont he subject (as far as he is concerned) and I am going to be a super sweet and caring girlfriend when he is home for the weekend/new year! 🙂

Good luck to all my fellow Bees!

Post # 21
Hostess
2997 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I did good even through the holidays!! No one pressured me that much about information or our timeline.  My sister asked if she should start saving her money for next year (we wanted a destination wedding) and I told her…I don’t know but you can start saving for a vacation if you would like!  She asked if we would be attending this “vacation” with her and I said I’m not sure!!  Then changed the subject.

Post # 22
1143 posts
Bumble bee

I did well over the holidays! SO’s mom mentioned about us moving again and how she’s still not thrilled about us living together before marriage, but we’re moving in the right direction and when SO gets a new job she hopes it continues that way while pointedly looking at SO. ha! Also SO’s dad found out that one of his good friends passed away in July and has now been saying things to SO and his brother about how he’s not going to be around forever…

Post # 23
10 posts
Newbee

Too late to join? I spent my first holiday with the guy’s family and held out a small hope something would happen there. No dice, so I need to just shut up about it for a while.

Post # 24
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I would say I failed… but it’s my SO whose the one who keeps bringing it up!! Lol mainly because he’s finally worked up the courage to ask my mother for her blessing (he’s already asked my father) so it’s all systems go

Post # 25
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hey Bees! I’ve been MIA for the past week because I’m vacationing in the beautiful Jamaica. My SO became my FH before we left for our trip! I’m so excited to share the story and photos when we return later this week. I hope that you all had a great Christmas and have exciting plans for NewYears Eve!

Post # 26
362 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’ve been better about shutting it up. But it also helps that we went to look at rings on the 26th woohoo… And also he told me yesterday that he’d like to start trying for kids in 2 years exactly. I know he wants to be married before then, so I know it’s coming in the year 2013 at least.

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/24 – 01/02’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors