(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/28 – 2/2

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I’m game! We just went ring shopping together yesterday, and I think he needs a week of processing/me playing it cool so he doesn’t panic, hehe 🙂

Post # 4
51 posts
Worker bee

I am in desperate need of the Shut-It-Up Pact. I definitely need some accountability in my life!

Post # 5
18 posts
Newbee

I had been solid on this pact for about 3 weeks, and then yesterday he told me how much money he had saved (presumedly for my ring) and then we talked about getting engaged and the ring for like half and hour. He started it, so technically that doesn’t count, but I think I prodded more than I should have… Okay, maybe now I can stay shut until the proposal!

Post # 7
Hostess
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

failed miserably yesterday. Totally vented to my friend, she thought I was nuts.

Post # 8
437 posts
Helper bee

@tullegirl:  thanks! Needless to say it was very exciting, but I think he still needs a few more months at least to save up. Either way it’s nice to know he’s on the same path as I am! I hope yours comes soon too! 🙂

Post # 9
437 posts
Helper bee

@Lily_of_the_valley:  Oh no! You should have vented to us instead… We feel your pain! Ha ha

Post # 10
964 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m so on board with this, I have be to be quiet until july. I’ve promised that be on my best behaviour and not mention it to SO though it’s difficult I talked to my mum and she said if I have any wedding/engagement feelings then she’s willing to listen to me, even suggested that I start a board on pinterest to let out ‘wedding’ related feelings. haha. 

Post # 11
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Mwahaha bee-otches.. I love it!

I’m in again – need to keep my focus on school and get as much done as humanly possible before we go away.

Post # 12
1144 posts
Bumble bee

I have been doing well for the past three weeks as well! I’ve not mentioned it to him at all! I think I’m sort of in the phase of waiting where I’m wondering if he wants to even get married because I don’t see any progress toward a ring, but then again he’s looking for a new job since we moved for my job.

Post # 14
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

Great Job Booknerd!  Thanks You for doing such a great job. 

And I will give you a prize. The Queen Bee(-otch) Roman Olive Crown!

Post # 15
46 posts
Newbee

I want to join the pact!  🙂 

I’m having a dilemma though…Netflix!  My SO and I share an account and I’m sure he sees all of the wedding shows I watch under “Recently Viewed.”  Ahh!  Do I have to stop watching them? 

I’ve been pretty good about not mentioning it to my SO but I completely fail with sister, mom, coworkers, and friends.  Gah!  It’s going to be so hard!  So glad I have you all! 

Back in November, I sent him my wishlist with the ring I want (a Shut It Up FAIL).  I know he saved it but he hasn’t mentioned a thing about it.  I have NO idea what is timeline is. 

A few weeks ago, he mentioned wanting to move into my house.  I told him I’d rather wait.  A few days later he asked when I thought would be a good time and I told him I’d like to wait until we are engaged.  He didn’t say anything one way or another (so hard to read!) and I didn’t push it.  I know his apt lease is up in June/July which will also be close to our one year anniversary (August).  I’m 30 he’s 37.  Do you think he’ll pop the question?  I’ll be so sad if he renews his lease! 

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/28 – 2/2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors