(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/28 – 2/2

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

View original reply
@Piscean:  Ooo that Netflix question is a hard one! I would say try to limit it to one show a week?? 

And yes, you must stop talking to friends, mom, etc., because it can always get back to him! 

You were only dating 3 mo when you sent him rings??? i know you’re 30 but damn…be careful you don’t scare him off! You might really need the shut-it-up pact!! I wouldn’t be too upset if he renews his lease for another year…then he would propose somewhere between 1 and 2 years of dating and plan to move in right before your two years ๐Ÿ™‚ 

For now I would just enjoy your time with him and make sure he really is “the one”! unless of course you were friends forever before dating and I’m missing part of your story. But theN again, people do move at different speeds…just make sure youre sure!! 

Post # 18
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Booknerd:  Yay, thanks for taking this on! This will be really helpful.

First timer here.  Considering I mentioned something marriage related to a friend with my SO present yesterday, today will be my first day starting. I am in it to win it. Fingers crossed. Let’s do this ladies!

Post # 19
46 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@kendra389:  Thank you, thank you!

I def need the Shut It Up pact!  I MUST sound crazy sending him my wishlist after only being together for a little over 3 mos.  After some of our talks about the future, etc. I got too excited.  I swear I’m not crazy!  I told him it was for future reference…Looking back I shouldn’t have done that but too late now!  I haven’t brought it up since.  I’m sticking with not saying a thing because I goofed early on and then I treated it kind of like a joke…

I have to be prepared for him to renew his lease.  You’re right.  Thank you!!!

By The Way…I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life!  He’s def the one.  I should just enjoy it.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 20
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

View original reply
@Piscean:  I’m glad you’re so happy with him! ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like a little patience will do the trick…something I know I lack, haha. This website has been tremendously helpful though ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s just so easy to get excited when SOs mention anything of the future!! 

Post # 22
20 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Booknerd:  thank you.  I am surprised how hard SIU is to do!  I am now being very creeping about it but just not talking to him so it is very confusing and hard but I’m DOING it!

Post # 23
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I’ve bern doing the SIUP for weeks now…And still nothing! I hope it is working bc he truly does not like talking about getting engaged bc it will ruin the surprise! Now… can I sign my friends and family up for this so they stop bothering me about it! Haha

Post # 24
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Woot woot still going strong!

Post # 25
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I am doing so well. Really proud of myself! I think I am going to make it till the 2nd!

Post # 26
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I’m in! 

Post # 28
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I DEFINITELY want/need in.  We have our 6 month anniversary coming up tomorrow (I know, short short) and we got into a fight about it last night because I think I’ve been pressuring him a bit in the past few weeks.

TOTALLY SHUTTING IT UP.

Post # 29
79 posts
Worker bee

Im in! I need this in my life right now!!! Ihavent mentioned anything to him for a while but I have watched DTTB and also im always on pinterest looking at wedding stuff!! Arhh i cant stop myself!

Post # 30
51 posts
Worker bee

Fail!

My SO was offered an exciting new job today with a substantial pay raise! It is an increbile opportunity for him, and we could not be more excited! He will be accepting the position tomorrow.

However, as we were discussing the excitement of his salary increase and listing some of the things we were dreaming of using the extra money for (i.e. – maybe taking a vacation, eating out more often, socking a bunch away in savings), I couldn’t contain myself.

I didn’t technically break the pact, but I let out a pretty obvious, “Or… (scheming giggle).”

To which he knowingly responded, “Or what?”

I said, “Or we could save for something else.” 

“You’re thinking of engagement rings!”

And finally coyly I said, “Oh, I can’t tell you! Don’t think you can read my mind!”

It was all in good fun, in the joking way that we always do. But even though it was over the phone, I am sure I could hear the, “Oh, Mushy MountainWolf” eye roll on the other end. SIUP fail… though I must admit, I don’t really regret it Tongue Out

Post # 31
2119 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

I’m hoping for a proposal before/including my birthday next month, and so far I’ve managed 12 days of silence on the matter!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/28 – 2/2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors