(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/28 – 2/2

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
46 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@laughs:

Happy 6 month anniversary!  I’ve been with my SO for about the same amount of time.  Do you mind if I ask how old you and your SO are?  I think when we’re a bit older (I’m 30, he’s 37) things tend to move a bit faster…I’m really working hard to not pressure him or even bring it up at all.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Anniversary!  

Post # 33
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I am probably gonna make it! But it is definitely due to not seeing or speaking to him last night because he was working, and my being our tonight & tomorrow helping my best friend shop for her wedding dress. Haha! The other days I kept it shut up because I was too immersed in watching Battlestar Galatica with him on Netflix. Thanks BSG! haha!!

Post # 34
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
@Piscean:  thanks! I’m 27, he’s 31. I hope tonight is great!

Post # 35
114 posts
Blushing bee

Whoops forgot to join but I’ve had it zipped anyway!! I had a few wobbles a couple of weeks ago but for now I am on a roll!! Cool as a cucumber guys!!!!

Post # 37
205 posts
Helper bee

Happy that I saw this! Joining the pact today! Going to see how long I can last! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 38
352 posts
Helper bee

I need a MAJOR gold star for how well I’m shutting it up!!!!

As I mentioned previously, my 6 month anniversary was yesterday, and there had been a bit of tension about it because I had been mentioning getting married a little too much and he was feeling pressured. I started Shut it Up this week and our anniversary ended up being BEYOND AMAZING last night.

We just had a great night together, and I didn’t bring up marriage ONCE even though we ran into a friend of his who was like “6 months? That’s cool I GUESS, but guess what? I just got engaged! And we’re having a baby!”

At the end of the night when we were back at his house he had this crazy outpouring of emotion where he told me he’s never been in love before and he can’t believe how in love we are and kept saying “how did we get here?” and “what do we do now?” and I just huggged him and smiled and watched him process his feelings and seriously, it was SO HARD, but I didn’t say ANYTHING about being his wife or ANYTHING.

But honestly, I feel like last night was a turning point for him, I really think being engaged is now at the front of his mind, without me even having to badger him!!!!! 

Haha, maybe I’m just crazy. Either way, my relationship is happily progressing. 

THANKS SHUT IT UP!!!!!

Post # 39
964 posts
Busy bee

It’s impossible for me, I just can’t seem to do it. I don’t know why it’s so difficult for me but I can’t shut up. I managed to work it into a conversation about football earlier, what’s wrong with me? epic fail ๐Ÿ™

Post # 40
2949 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Lol I’m out.. I think. We attended the wedding of one of SO’s close friends over the weekend and afterwards we had a BBQ with his friends (and fellow attendees) and the conversation naturally turned to weddings. I can’t remember who brought it up but the SO and I mentioned a couple of things we would like to have at ours. He wasn’t freaked out at all however.

Post # 41
205 posts
Helper bee

I posted on Friday that I was in for the pact. Literally, a few hours later my SO is the one that brought it up! We are planning a summer vacation, but of course, have 4 weddings to go to, so we were trying to plan around them. I said, with no intentions of talking about marriage for us, why does everyone have to get married in the summer? (No offense to anyone that is!) He then   started bringing up dates that he thought WE should get married!! It’s so hard not to completely lose your shit when great things come up like that. He suggested his birthday, which won’t fall on a weekend for another 5 years and I almost threw up. Then he said he was only joking, and suggested a few other days, all of which are in the next 2 years. We’ve talkEd about having a longer engagement so we can save up, so I was beyond ecstatic when he said that. We have two vacations, one in may and one in June so I am desperately hoping that it’s coming (we’ve been together 3 years and we are both 28.) I am promising myself that I will, under no circumstances, bring it up. 

Im so happy I found this board with such great, supportive, girls!!

Post # 42
102 posts
Blushing bee

I made it! Woohoo!!!! Patting myself on the back. ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 43
102 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Soon2BMrsC21:  that’s awesome. fingers crossed! good luck!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 1/28 – 2/2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors