(Closed) The Shut it Up Pact 1/28/2014-2/11/2014

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hello waiting bees, I hope everyone is doing well. TGIF!!

Post # 19
1341 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Hagakyrkan

@veryberry13:  Yeay!!! πŸ˜€ I did something good! Thanks for the wonderful theoretical bracelet! πŸ˜‰ I will wear it with pride!!!!!

Fight on ladies!!!!!Wonderful things will happen to all of us if we have the patient to wait around for them to come. When two people love each other, time is nothing more than glue to bring them closer together.

Post # 20
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
@chic_and_fabulous:  She is a 4 year old puppy- I say puppy because she love toys and actually chews on them (but nothing else, thankfully), whereas our other boxer never really played with toys and I can barely get her to chew on a bone!

We hosted a game night with two of SO’s brothers and their SOs. I just want to say that I am so thankful that I love my future sisters-in-law. 

Post # 21
483 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@BrownPlaidBook:  Congratulations on your new puppy baby! I grew up with a boxer, so I am very partial to them! They make great doggy pets!!!

View original reply
@Olympia:  Congratulations on making it past 100 days! I know your new goal is to make it to Valentine’s Day, so stay strong! I know you can do it!

I haven’t been on here much lately because I’ve been busy busy! Had so much fun yesterday with SO! Our friends were celebrating their 30th birthday by renting a bus and hosting a “Royal Pub Crawl” around the city. Everyone had to dress up as the king or queen of something Louisiana themed (I live in New Orleans). SO and I were King and Queen Alligator. It was a blast.

My SO’s birthday is next Saturday. I have no idea what to get him, and he hasn’t given me any ideas. Just tells me, “Nothing” or “I don’t know.” The problem is, that morning, I will have to be at school testing incoming students from about 7:30 am to 2:00 pm, and then that evening, our friends are having their wedding shower from 7-10. We would probably be able to miss it, except that SO’s mom is hosting the party at her house! It was the only date that the bride to be could do it, since she is in her medical residency right now and working all the time. SO is pretty upset and feels like his birthday is already ruined… We have planned on leaving the party a little early and going to this music festival/fundraiser afterward. I just hope I can make his birthday special for him! I would have loved to at least wake up and make him a special breakfast in bed, but even that is ruined by this early testing day. I can’t really go out Friday night and party with him either because I have to get up so early on Saturday. Ugh!

I haven’t been thinking lately about whether or not we will be engaged soon. As I mentioned in the previous pact, I know that his other brother will be proposing to his girlfriend on Valentine’s day. I’m not sure if my SO will choose to wait longer now or what. I don’t know details or anything really at all about SO proposing other than he has talked about it happening soon with his mom and his sister. I want to be surprised. Honestly, I can’t imagine it happening at all. I feel like I’ve been waiting forever, and it just keeps getting set back.Now that we know his brother is proposing this month, I wonder if that will just set things back longer….

I don’t even know what day this is for me anymore.

Stay strong bees!!!!

Post # 23
1186 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@bellenola:  that sounds like the coolest 30th birthday party ever! I turn 30 in a few months and my sisters and I, as well as significant others and a few friends- are going to Vegas πŸ™‚ 

Post # 24
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I BROKE THE PACT!!!! πŸ™ And it was over something so stupid! It was snowing like crazy this weekend and I said “Sometimes I look at the snow and think a winter wedding would be so pretty, but everyone would be freezing and I just couldnt do that to our guests” UGH. I was so sad when I realized a broke a 55 day streak! But oh well..back to day one for me πŸ™

Post # 25
498 posts
Helper bee

So I kind of broke the pact (even though I am not listed on here) because I just realized he was going to take 2 weeks of vacation in April which made me go “ell then you obviously dont want to get married this year since you already will have taken most of your vacation!!!” He said that his plan was to save up and defientlyhave the money fo rthe ring this year and that he wanted to be engaged this year. But he doubted he would have all the money by June. I was like all what money!?!? I don’t need a big ring. I just want to go ahead and get married so we can start baby planning!! But this is the first time he has said he is 100% wanting to get married. He also told me he longer had any doubts or reservations about anything. He wasn’t nervous one bit. I want to run and tell everyone. I mean ***EVERYONE**** but I made a pact to myself that I would be more private about my private life this year especially at work. I can now fake wedding plan in peace knowing it really is going to happen.  P.S. the reason he even said June is he knows I dont want a summer wedding and maybe want one in the Caribbean. Hurricane season is from June to November. But I guess if I have waited this long, I can wait a bit longer…..

Post # 26
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Plantation

@veryberry13:  Hi! I am not a part of the current pact but would love to have an invite to the next. Until then I hope ya’ll don’t mind a late joiner. 

I have been working on a personal SIUP and noticed that there was a board! Hey, this bee needs help and shouldnt a waiting bee use all sources of support she can get?

I broke my own personal pact the other day. Our close friends, who are recently engaged (ugh, this makes it so much harder for me not to wonder whats going on threw my SO’s head!) and I was there while she picked out dresses and before he even asked me how it went I told him I saw a beautiful young lady wearing a dress that I would wear to my own wedding! Oh and then there was a Modern Family episode where Lily was the flower girl and had to wear a light up dress… I told my daughter, in front of SO, ” I’m sorry hunny but when mommy gets married there will not be any lite up tutu’s involved!” UGH, I NEED HELP TO SHUT IT UP! Valentines Day is coming and our 2 year anniversary is the following week. So I need support now, more than ever or I might break!

Great job ladies, and even to those that have broke it… pick up where you left off and keep truckin’!

Post # 27
70 posts
Worker bee

I need to join this pact. 

My SO sort of have a timeline, his timeline is “sometime this year when it warms up.” I know he’s looked at rings and I’ve sent him the information about the one ring I really love (which he requested). 

I want to marry him; I would be more than content running off to the courthouse tomorrow. But it’s not what he wants.

I chose today because I’m to the point where I’m sick and tired of waiting (and I haven’t even been waiting that long). I know I need to shut it up so here it goes. 

Post # 28
483 posts
Helper bee

Y’all. My friend told me about this horoscope website called astrologyzone.com, and just for fun, I looked at it today. It said a bunch of stuff…. and then it said that there will possibly be a proposal at the end of this month.  Wait. Then I decided to read my SO’s, and his said the same thing! WTF?! I usually don’t follow my horoscope, but hopefully this one is pretty legit, and I will get a proposal. How truly wonderful and relieved I would be to finally be able to not be waiting any more! Here’s to keeping my fingers crossed and counting on those lucky stars!

Post # 29
576 posts
Busy bee

I can’t keep this pact worth a damn. -_-

I still can’t cope with the fact the timeline has changed twice in less than two months.  I’m not happy about it, I’m pretty damn cranky actually. As a result I find myself thinking of snippy remarks against SO, then I feel guilty for thinking them, then I feel angry that I wouldn’t be thinking them if he could stick to a timeline, then I just feel tired. Though I don’t say the snippy remarks, it has made me more inquisitive and asking SO stuff, thus breaking the pact.

Bleh. Its been a terribly holiday/engagement season.  I keep trying to be positive but its not working.  I’m ready for February to be over. 

Post # 30
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Plantation

View original reply
@southsun:  Oh No! Resentment is never a good thing! I have found myself in the same boat many a time over the past couple months and it eventually led to my SO of 2yrs saying he would never like to speak of it again because he would like to eventually surprise me… We have never even talked about a timeline, which makes it really hard!

BUT now that I have caused him to clam up and demand we never speak of it I realize that I could have taken a different approach, when you have all your friends getting engaged/married in the same year it kind of makes for a cloudy mind. womp womp! 

I understand why you would be so cranky, I would too, but some men are not ready to fully commit to a timeline, or maybe they have one in their mind and would like it to be a COMPLETE surprise. The proposal to a man like the wedding is to a woman and he wants to make sure everything is in order. There are A LOT of reasons why he might be pushing it back… take this time now to keep busy, hang with your friends, enjoy the bf/gf time, go to the gym, stalk other fellow bees to get your fix… GET YOUR MIND OF THE TIMELINE becuase time will fly by and before you know it he’s your Fiance and you’ll be so busy with planning a wedding with the man of your dreams! 

Post # 31
576 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@love-a-lot-bee:  I wish that helped, but I hate the idea of planning a wedding haha. If it were up to me, I’d skip the whole wedding and planning thing lol. I’ve already been waiting for a year. I wasn’t curiois/saying anything at all to him until September really. And I didn’t start to get really frustrated/impatient till the holidays passed. I do stay fairly busy, work part time and school full time, looking for ,a second job. A big problem I have moved and most of my friends have married or found other social circles so my hangout time has cut by about 80%. I also get flustered because he doesn’t really seem to have reasons, or the ones he has are kinda… Odd.

The topic ‘The Shut it Up Pact 1/28/2014-2/11/2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors