(Closed) The Shut it Up Pact 1/28/2014-2/11/2014

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 33
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Plantation

View original reply
@southsun:  Well shoot, a move most certainly doesn’t help much cause its always good to have a few friends you can rely on to hang out with and be there when needed for circumstances like so and others! You always have us here at the bee though! I feel like the holidays and seeing everyone else get engaged and/or announce their eggo is preggo makes it harder on us waiting ladies, sheesh we love hering it but at the same timemakes us want to strangle our SO because we wonder “what are you thinking, why havent you…”

Be careful with getting an additional PT job, it could really put  strain on you, your relationship a/o school, you dont want to be too busy in that sense.

View original reply
@veryberry13:  Thank you Smile

Post # 34
483 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@veryberry13:  yes m’am it is! Do you usually check your horoscope on that site??? I’m sort of obsessed with the fact that both of our horoscopes mention an engagement. AHHH! Please please please stars and planets and all that! Please make this FINALLY happen.

I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up though….

Ok… so this is what it said for my SO’s horoscope (Aquarius)

Your loving partner may be on your mind mid-month, on the full moon in Leo February 14. It’s quite extraordinary that Valentine’s Day falls on the full moon, for this has not happened in years. Emotions will be heightened, and hopefully your feelings of love and passion will come to the surface. You are a brainy sign, not given to big displays of affection, but this time, you may be in a sentimental mood and ready to confess your love. If ever there were a likely time for you to get engaged, this Valentine’s Day is it! Venus is no longer out of phase, a good sign, but I wish Mercury in Aquarius were moving ahead, too. If you can wait to pop the question (or wait to accept the proposal) until February 28, so much the better! Commitment and partnering up will certainly be on your mind.

This is what it said for mine (Virgo)….

The month will end on another happy moment – the new moon, in Pisces (11 degrees), February 28, in your solar seventh house of marriage and commitment, including a promise you may make in a business partnership or joint venture. Let’s look at this new moon more closely, because it will be outstandingly special for you! If you are dating seriously, an engagement may happen almost instantly! I hope it is instant, because on this very day, February 28, the Sun, in your house of marriage, will receive a perfect, golden beam from Jupiter, the good fortune planet. This is one of the best cosmic gifts you could ever hope to see, and because Jupiter is in your eleventh house of hopes and wishes, this new moon dazzles even more.

Post # 35
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I’m not really in the SIUP anymore…I haven’t talked to my SO about marriage, but with the new rules now in place I no longer really fit in here, I guess.  But I thought I would just check in and say hi because I miss you waiting bees and like to see how you are doing.  Nothing really to report here.  Things have been okay, I suppose.  My SO has been very, very busy with school and work.  We still aren’t connecting that great, but his stress level has been incredibly high.  In my honest opinion, he has taken on too much and has been struggling with keeping his ducks in a row.  I have tried to encourage him to take a break for a quarter or to try and organize his time better, but to no avail.  He is very much focused on just ‘getting it done’ and graduating.  He knows this will be hard, but I don’t think he realizes he is risking burning himself out.  At this point I’m pretty worried that this is going to cause a downward spiral of our relationship, as it has already caused some recent issues and a general lack of us being able to connect.  He has sort of a ‘win at all costs’ mentality with school, although I’m not sure he realizes that could really have a negative effect on our relationship and our future.  I support his goal of furthering his education and I will continue to do so, but it’s getting much harder for me without a concrete timeline of our future plans.  So yeah, that blows chunks just a bit.

I’ve been reading over some of your horoscope related posts.  I never really know what to think about horoscopes.  Some people seem to match their sign really well, but I do not.  I am an Aquarius, but I am not a free-spirited, independent person.  I am a HUGE romantic, which they say Aquarians are not.  There are some things that match, but overall I do not feel like I match the Aquarian description.  But my SO matches his sign quite well, as do some of my friends.  So I never really know what to think.  Do you guys tend to think that you match your sign pretty well?

Post # 36
337 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@BrownPlaidBook:  I love boxers and that’s a cutie!!!!!!

I’ve lost track of numbers as I don’t get on here much lately but I’ve been keeping it SIU since December 31, it has been SO SO SO hard!

I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t bring it up anymore or what but now my bf seems to be the one bringing stuff up! and it just makes me clench my teeth lol He brought up how he’ll start saving for a ring..to which I smiled and didn’t say a word, I’m surprised lol

I just realized it’s day 39 for me :O

View original reply
@bellenola:  I stalk that horoscope site! haha every beginning of the month, I start checking if she has the new month up since the day before :p ohhhh I wish I was a virgo to have those predictions lol 

View original reply
@southsun:  I’m with you, this engagement season feels like it has been SO long! I’ve been so busy with career stuff that I think it has helped  a lot to keep the SIUP, although it is extremely hard.  I’m sorry about the timeline change, may I ask why?

Post # 38
522 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@BrownPlaidBook:  OMG she is so cute. Give her a treat for me!

I have been trying to stick to the pact, and it’s been working! My SO has been bringing up the ring and a proposal almost every day. He is taking me back to the jeweler on Saturday to look at diamonds for the ring, which I am so excited about. SIUP has been working since keeping it out of conversation is allowing him to feel less pressure about the entire situation. 

Post # 39
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Plantation

View original reply
@veryberry13:  Hope your having a wonderful Monday morning as well! Sounds like your keeping busy, busy. Keep trekkin, it will get easier as the days go by.

I folded AGAIN…. it is so hard when your always hanging around your somewhat newly engaged friends who are planninh their wedding, oh and we heard another friend got engaged over the weekend. I think that makes 5 over the past couple months. I’m no longer snippy about it but it makes me say little things here and there. Last night it was, “if we get married can we just do something small and simple here and in your home state” (only becuase our friends made some things sound so complicated at dinner) he then followed with “relax, relax” I then began to SMH at myself. Darn you why can’t you STOP!

Tomorrow is anew and I am not saying one word the entire time! Gotta stay strong becuase both VDay and our anniversary fall during this upcomming pact.

Can anyone give some advice? I’m staying busy since I have started CrossFit along with training for the upcomming 1/2 marathon, not to mention my little girl, work, and normal household up-keep. Even though I thought it would make it easier I still find time to think about it. UGH.

Post # 40
70 posts
Worker bee

Gah!!! I’m trying so hard to keep my mouth shut but it becomes increasingly difficult most days. The second I shut up about any engagement or getting married, he shut it up too. It makes me wonder if it even crosses his mind. 

Post # 41
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
@cherriesandcream:  & 
View original reply
@busybee3791:  Thank you so much!!!!!

I guess I don’t have much of an update on the SIU front. SO and I agreed not to do anything for Valentines day… which means I still need to get him a card. I’ll probably make one.

Actually, this was such a hard weekend- I said goodbye to my 12 year old boxer. She waited 2 weeks after we got the new dog to pass; it was like she was waiting until she knew we would be taken care of to go. 

Post # 42
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Hey SUIP bees!

I really have nothing to update you ladies on, but I haven’t posted in a while so I thought I would stop by and say hey. Can I just say that I am SO excited for enagement season to be coming to a close?! One more week and my fb timeline won’t be flooded with left ring fingers (I am happy for these couples, but its like salt to a wound when you are still waiting). So excited to have some down time before wedding season 🙂

The topic ‘The Shut it Up Pact 1/28/2014-2/11/2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors