(Closed) The Shut it Up Pact 2/26-3/11

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 46
483 posts
Helper bee

MrsBuesleBee and 

View original reply
blissout:  You couldn’t have said it better. Lately I have been bringing up settling down more and more with my SO, because I am so anxious that it isn’t ever going to happen. The bottom line is that we love each other, and we want to make this work. We both are in it for the long haul. I’ve decided to let go of my marriage angst and let him take control of the situation.

Post # 47
483 posts
Helper bee

Holy shit. SO’s little sister just called to tell me that she is engaged…. FML.

Post # 48
2423 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
veryberry13:  I’ve been thinking about joining this pact…mainly for the companionship that it seems to give the waiting bees who participate. I generally don’t have trouble keeping myself from hyperfocusing on weddings, or at least I think I don’t, but getting to know you all better would be really nice. I hope that’s okay!

Post # 49
2423 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
bellenola:  I’m sorry if that makes you feel sad, I don’t know your background so I’m not sure what else to say other than that I may understand how you feel based on seeing younger friends who have not been together as long as my SO and I have get engaged whreas my SO and I are currently at a standstill in our relationship. Sending you hugs!

Post # 50
483 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissMarple:  Thanks so much for your kind words! Long story short, my SO and I have been together for 7 years. He has three siblings, two brothers and a sister. Brother #1 got engaged last February after dating his now wife for two years. They were married this past October. Brother #2 got engaged on Valentine’s day last month after dating his now fiance for just about a year. She is pregnant, so that kind of sped up their engagement. And now, SO’s little sister got engaged yesterday after dating her now fiance for a little under two years.  On top of that, we have had countless friends and relatives get engaged and married in the last couple of years. My wait has been a huge struggle lately. I’m trying to stay positive, but it’s wearing me down.

Post # 51
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

well ladies…it happened!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I want to thank you all for the amazing support, even though I didn’t post much it helped to know I wasn’t alone in trying to keep quiet. He mentioned that it helped him want to do it when he didn’t feel as pressured, so there’s that “tip” I thought I’d verify for you ladies.

here she is ๐Ÿ™‚ as I posted on my engagement thread this is the sample ring, I’ll have the real deal in a little over a week. He didn’t want to wait any longer ๐Ÿ™‚

Woah sorry for the HUGE pic :/ idk how to size on the new wb.

Post # 52
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
S_loves_C:  SO GORGEOUS!! Congratulations on your engagement ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 53
9565 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
bellenola:  oh man I know the feeling! Sometimes stupid life makes you rework your perfect plan.

I was able to keep a lid on it all weekend and we had such a good one. Excited to see what happens in the next one! Will Mr.BuesleBee ask my parents>!?!?!?!?!?! TBD.

Post # 55
771 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I had no choice but to break the SIUP this week as we had to discuss whether to delay it due to my grandad’s funeral. It just didn’t feel right (was going to be this coing weekend, funeral is the 19th).

Hopefully in a few weeks’ time I will have happier news!

Post # 56
9565 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
LittleWigeon:  I am so sorry for your loss. I went through it just a weekish ago and man, heartbreak! Yes hopefully happy news for both of us soon.

Post # 57
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

No new pact this week?

The topic ‘The Shut it Up Pact 2/26-3/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors