(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/10 – 3/16

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Yay! I won! I came thisclose to asking what the plan is yesterday, but I managed to stuff it back down..so I’ll be signing back up for this week..good luck girls!

Post # 5
2130 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I’m signing up and will be signing up weekly for a while….I don’t plan to discuss anything ring/engagement/wedding/marriage related until at least July.

Post # 6
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Joining again! I just want to talk about it! grr

Post # 7
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

In for another week! 

Post # 9
51 posts
Worker bee

This is going to be a difficult week to keep quiet. I am headed with the boy next weekend to visit his family, and apparently during our time there I will be looking at a ring that used to belong to his great-grandmother! Even if I don’t like the ring itself, it may be possible to salvage the diamonds and place them in a new setting. This will be the first time that we will be looking at rings together!

But the boy has explicitly told me that he doesn’t want to be pressured to propose, so I am trying to respect the space that he needs and SIU! So ladies, I will definitely need your support and an outlet to get my excitement out this week!

Post # 10
7208 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

Ok so I kinda broke the pact yesterday when I told SO about bridal shower planning with BFF’s maids and the girls told me their wedding budgets. SO: “an $18k wedding is making me hyperventalate!” Sigh. We WILL go low budget when the time comes, but the more I look around, the longer I think it will be before we get married. 

So I’m in again. SHUT IT UP!

Post # 11
132 posts
Blushing bee

Alright! I’m joining this! I have been non stop talk about getting engaged for some time now and while SO hasn’t once complained, I think it’ll be good to give him some breathing room on the subject. LET’S DO THIS THANG!!!!

Post # 12
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’m in!  I actually gave up talking about weddings for lent, and I’ve been doing well so far! 

Post # 14
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I’m in. 

He got the ring on 3/1 and our anniversary was on 3/5 so I thought he would propose on our anniversary but nope, he didn’t. I don’t know that the hell he is waiting for, probably to surprise me. I try the ring on everyday, lol. I just want to wear it all the time!!

Post # 15
4523 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I got a prize 🙂 Thank you, that brought a little smile to my day! I definitely needed the encouragement to keep mum. I dont want my big mouth getting the best of me!

Post # 16
428 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Is it too late to join the pact? 

We recently narrowed down the list of rings from 7 to 3.  The last couple of days I’ve been joking/asking if he ordered it yet.  The sooner I stop talking about it, the sooner everything will happen. 

Not sure if I can stop surfing the web though.  I need to live vicariously thru other bees!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/10 – 3/16’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors