(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/17 – 3/23

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
469 posts
Helper bee

I would join the pact, but I’ve got too many episodes of Four Weddings and Rich Bride, Poor Bride sitting on my PVR.

Post # 18
1680 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Trying again this week

Post # 20
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

This is exactly what I need! I definitely didnt shut-it-up yesterday but Im going to start today! I swear weve talked about it every single day for at least 2 months. I’m driving MYSELF crazy so I can only imagine how crazy I am making him!

Post # 21
863 posts
Busy bee

I definitely need to recommitt. I’ve been doing really well but I am super tempted to break and ask SO about a timeline, anything! I tried to have a conversation about buying a house in the near future and in true form SO said his favorite line, “we don’t have money so we shouldn’t even discuss it.”…beyond frustrating. But I pushed more this time and told him that we need to have discussions like this so we can plan. & then fellow bees, I SHUT IT UP & didn’t push it further!

Post # 22
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’ve got to shut-it-up! I almost cracked twice in the past week. It’s been 3 weeks since we’ve really talked about it and it’s always around this time that words start spewing out of my mouth!

Post # 23
863 posts
Busy bee

SO informed me that his job thinks I’m his fiance as he mentioned it in his correspondence prior to getting the job {today was his first day}. and that it got around and that some people asked him when the date was and he said we haven’t picked a date. and that if I met them I would have to say the same thing. I said what happens when they want to see my ring and he said say its getting fixed. then I said he could have chosen a date like two years in the future and he said well what if they remember & ask me about it? I said maybe they’ll feel bad and hire you faster cause you have a wedding to pay for. he said I only said it because it sounded better than I moved here with my girlfriend.

Yell

Post # 24
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Yay I won an award lol! I’m in for another week, but I don’t know how much longer I’ll last. Two more weeks of lent to go! 

Post # 25
1589 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Booknerd:  That’s exciting news!!

I need to SIU this week because SO already said he is proposing over Spring Break this month… not really a surprise but oh well.  I know there is an end in sight so I just have to be good for a couple more weeks!

Post # 27
100 posts
Blushing bee

This is my first time with the SIU, but seriously…..I’m driving MYSELF insane. I can’t imagine how crazy I must be driving him.

Starting right this second….shutting up!

Post # 28
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

This weekend I am going bridesmaid dress shopping for my friends wedding. I KNOW he is expecting me to bring up us planning a wedding. Ive made it a few days already – I can make it a few longer!

Post # 29
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I have to join bc Im even starting to drive myself crazy! : )

Post # 30
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

There were a few instances this evening when I could easily have splurged, but managed not to so very pleased with myself! It’s extra tricky with lots of discussion about my Dad’s wedding going on around us. 

Post # 31
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Booknerd:  I’m in again.  I’ve been good and quiet since Monday morning.

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/17 – 3/23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors