(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/17 – 3/23

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 47
5360 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

OK this is total Too Much Information but…

SO & I were fooling around last night and my mind was sort of drifting. You know, you’re in the moment but maybe pictures of things are in your head or whatever. So I get to the extra special time for me and… I kept envisioning E-rings. So…. I think I’m gonna take a break from Weddingbee until Sunday at least. LOL. Hope you ladies have a good rest of the week. 

Post # 48
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I failed miserably tonight πŸ™ I brought it up. He told me im making him feel guilty for not having my ring yet, and he said I bring it up every single day. I haven’t mentioned it for 3ish days lol. And it went unnoticed. How long did you shut it up before your SO took notice that you’d laid off?

Post # 49
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

So I have a renewed sense of purpose. Not a single word. And I refuse to take his bait.

Post # 50
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Honey-Bee:  3 days. I was really bad! A similar thing happened with me and my SO, and that’s how I ended up on the SIUP πŸ™‚

View original reply
@EmmyGirl:  Ultimatum? I give it 5 years tops! The guy HAS to do things in his own time, even if we lovely patient ladies wish that time was a bit shorter πŸ˜› to stay sane I think about how in a few months or so my gorgeous man will have asked me to spend the rest of my life with him because HE WANTS TO, not because I wanted a shiny :p

(I still want the shiny though πŸ˜‰ )

Post # 52
1012 posts
Bumble bee

@Booknerd:  I failed today! In my defense though…we’re going ring shopping next week and I wantEd to get an idea of the budget so I can call a few stores and see if they have oval diamonds in stock. So of course instead of just asking that one question, it became a whole long  dragged  out conversation…FAIL πŸ™

Post # 53
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Lol I failed this week too, bought it up a few times! To be fair, we almost had a big fight – I’d managed to escape home just in time so we could calm down and think about things on our own. We discussed things over the phone and that was such an effective way to discuss things! I think next time a fight is brewing I’ll do that again.

Anyway, back to my main point: out of the almost-fight I got a timeline and the main reason it’s not now – money. I can deal with that! That is logical! And also he showed me the ring design he drew and I love it! So I think waiting will be a bit easier for me now πŸ™‚

Post # 55
32 posts
Newbee

@braverbeating:  I think that his lying about it shows that he feels like he should have asked you by now.  I wouldn’t cover for my SO if he did that. 

On a side note, I haven’t mentioned anything since Feb 17th. I just turned 30 and my OB didn’t help when she mentioned that I need to hurry up and have kids because the further I am into my 30s, it will only cause more problems in a pregnancy. She literally went through a whole lust of bad things tht have a higher chance of happening to me/my baby once im 30. I cried the whole way home.  Since, ive decided to get a new OB.

My SO is 37. It’s so not fair that guys don’t have to worry about time or pregnancy at all and I was just told pretty much that ill “expire” at 35. I don’t have a lot of time and it’s scary. :(. I don’t think guys get it. 

Post # 56
113 posts
Blushing bee

I love this! I have just handed in my specifications to the jeweller (getting the ring custom made) and my partner gets to pick the diamond .. I am obessing over it and finding it very hard not to talk about my ring! – I dont even know when I will get it, this year next year who knows! 

I am deffinately signing up for the shut it up packed πŸ™‚

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/17 – 3/23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors