(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/24 – 3/30

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I need to join the shut it up pact this week.  SO and I are heading to my family for Easter, and I know an engagement is imminent (as soon as the ring comes in).  So I need to not mention it to SO, or try and find out whether he asked my parents for their blessing.  Plus, there was a very recent engagement in my close family, so the topic will definitely be brought up at family parties.  I have to look perfectly happy with just being an SO, but not dismissive of marriage/engagement since I expect one in a matter of weeks.

Wish me luck!

Post # 4
150 posts
Blushing bee

I am in πŸ™‚ This will be hard! I have already slipped up today *sigh*

Post # 5
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@littlemissbossy:  Lol me too, there’s a bridal expo on today in my home town…today can be written off!

Heheh now my challenge is to make it to Good Friday at least, we’re going away for Easter. While we’re away we’re getting professional photos done, we get 3 ‘looks’ so we’re having one formal, one dressy and one casual πŸ™‚

Post # 6
150 posts
Blushing bee

@alsgirl:  Oh I hope you went haha I cant wait to go to a wedding expo once we are finally engaged ! How fun.

Goodluck trying to keep quiet – it will certainly be a challenge over easter!

Post # 7
613 posts
Busy bee

@littlemissbossy:  Lol I know, I am sooooooo impatient! I know the ring won’t even be in his possession for at least 3 more months – he needs a little more saved plus it needs to be made – but I still want it NOW!

I didn’t go (damn uni work) but there’s another one coming up which just happens to be on our 18 month-iversary πŸ˜‰ I am soooooooooo going!

Post # 8
150 posts
Blushing bee

@alsgirl:  Oh I hear you I am sitting here watching law lectures *boring* somehow I always end up back on this website, or looking at rings, or on the knot, or just staring at the pic of my ring ect ect lol

I feel your pain about getting it made – we are getting myn made as well and it takes at least 1 month make πŸ™ A more expensive option but at least you get exactly what you want and it is generally one of a kind. How excting!

Post # 9
1222 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Sign me back up! Extra willpower this week since his birthday is Tuesday and I’d hate to mess it up with ring talk! 

Post # 10
1541 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Ladies I need to be more strict! I slipped up last night! It had been 4 weeks since I brought it up, and I couldn’t hold it in any longer.

This week is my week to SHUT THE F*%K UP!

Post # 11
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Back in this week, did well last week so going to try and do two consecutive weeks. Going to be super hard as it’s our 7 year anniversary this Friday, eee! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’m in again this week! It will be my 6th week in a row, and the last week of lent! Wish me luck!

Post # 13
2573 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Aw! I spent the weekend away from the Bee, and it’s a nice surpise to see that I won something! Laughing Thank you!

I am entering my second week of SIUP… Haven’t fallen off yet… 

Good luck ladies!

Post # 14
7229 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

Back in. SIIIIGH

I have this threestone ring with 14 tiny stones on top & bottom that belonged to my grandmother. I have this dream of SO using 2 of the stones to be side diamonds with a Moissy cushion and then, possibly, using the 14 tiny ones in a small band. ANYWAY… I decided I wanted to know the Cs/get an unofficial appraisal at a reputable store that HAPPENS to do custom work. Um… and I may have made SO come with me πŸ˜›

I did find out that custom works STARTS at $1,500! WHAT?! That’s before he even buys the main stone! Boo. I could get a “done” SET from moissaniteco for that. Bleh. 

In any case… after that horror show, I definitely need to shut the hell up this week. Good thing I’m housesitting and will, therefore, be far far away from the SO until Friday at the earliest. I plan to binge-watch SYTTD and sketch out our invitations while obssively manicuring my nails. πŸ˜›

Post # 16
613 posts
Busy bee

@Booknerd:  YAYYYYY!!!!!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 3/24 – 3/30’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors