(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/15 – 4/22

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
7229 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

Woot! I’m in! I’ve been doing pretty good even though BFF’s bridal shower is this weekend and I’m in full crafting mode. SO has been so awesome lately. We went to the Pomona Art Walk to see my friend’s art show and I was just so glad I found someone who is not only WILLING to go to things like that with me, but actually enjoys them. I think the SIUP is helping me just really enjoy where our relationship is right now. hile I do look forward to being his wife someday, I am really loving being his girlfriend right now. 

Post # 4
4524 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m trying VERY hard not to bomb on the Pact this week. 

This weekend, we attended a couples shower for good friends. After we left, I asked my boyfriend what he thought of it.  He said “it was cool. Definitely makes me excited for when that’s us.”  As he should know by now, if you give me an inch i’ll take a mile, and I took that as my oppertunity to get him to take me to look at dresses :-p (he humors me with this weekly, I’m just not allowed to try on).

Compounding my difficulties, we are both big fans of “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding” on TLC, and everytime we watch it I sit and moan about how much I want a “blingy” dress….and everytime he says back “then call that Sondra Celli lady and see what her wait list is like!”

So he’s really not helping me out with shutting up. 

This week will be especially hard becuase he took it upon himself to tell me he’s going to the jeweler on Thursday or Friday during work.

Post # 5
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Sign me back up!

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee

I’m in :))). Need to leave bf alone for awhile 🙂

Post # 7
3469 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

My So doesn’t know about the pact, but he’s still testing my limits by mentioning marriage and rings at which time i change the subject. lol It is defintely reducing stress for him tho so sign me back up this week! 🙂

Post # 8
114 posts
Blushing bee

I’m in again! I did a good job last week even though I was feeling down last night. I seem to be going through waves of “at peace” and anxious/depressed every few days. 

Post # 9
1222 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’m back in it this week! going on week 2 of silence!  yay! I’m keeping quiet til my mystery date at the end of next month!

Post # 10
241 posts
Helper bee

Ok. I’m in and I want to win a prize this week! LOL! I can do it!! I will NOT bring up a ring, or weddingS or invitations at all this week… even though we have a wedding Saturday! (BOO!)

Post # 11
191 posts
Blushing bee

I did really well this week. considering I just threw my friend’s Bridal Shower on Saturday. it’s so hard to Shut it up, when I’ve been helping my friend plan her wedding for the past 8 months. I’ll be glad when her day in june is over. so weddings won’t be on my mind so much.

Post # 12
7229 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Mz_HyProfyl:  We’re in the same boat! My BFF’s shower is this weekend and she’s getting married June 1. I’ll be SOOO glad when it’s over. Well…. I’ll have a break anyway. She’s having a big reception in October and I’m helping with that too 😛

Post # 13
241 posts
Helper bee

Passed my first challenge!! SO discussing just going to city hall; me ignoring and laughing and 

changig subject!! Wooohooop!! If i could shut it up then i can shut it up anytime! Bring it on wedding saturday!

Post # 14
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

sign me up for this week. I did pretty well last week regardless of not being in, so maybe I’ll do well.

Post # 15
30 posts
Newbee

I’m new and, by the looks of it, late but can you count me in?

Post # 16
2573 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Sign me up for this week as well! This is my third SIUP week, and I’m doing well! I also noticed that my SO is the one bringing it up now. Since I started this three weeks ago, he told me that he has a “proposal date set in stone whether he talks to my dad or not and to not worry, b/c it’s within my timeline (of 2013).” Yay!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/15 – 4/22’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors