(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/24 – 5/5

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
191 posts
Blushing bee

i did very well last week, count me in again. 

Post # 5
370 posts
Helper bee

I’m in again. I’ve done we’ll this week. Let round two commence!!

Post # 6
27 posts
Newbee

Let me in. wont do any status check!!! 

Post # 7
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

i’m in. did ok. hopefully will do better.

Post # 8
7222 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Booknerd:  I was actually getting worried about you!! So glad you’re ok! And thanks for doing this every week! You are awesome.

WOOT! I won prizes!!!! πŸ˜€ Last week was ROUGH so it’s really nice to get a pat on the back πŸ™‚

I am, of course, in again. I KNOW the proposal won’t come before my BFF’s wedding (which is still a month off) and I really really don’t think it’ll come before late Fall, so I want to just stick with it! You ladies are a HUGE help with this!! The accountability is awesome. 

Post # 9
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I wanna be in! I cant shut up about choosing a ring or making it official!

Post # 10
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Count me in. I’m pretty good about shutting up since our relationship is young (8 months). We are talking marriage and I’m guessing a proposal will happen by the end of the year, but I don’t think I have wedding fever just yet. Here’s where things went wrong: on Friday during dinner out of the freakin blue he says, “I went by the jewelry case today.” And he smiled and took a bite. I wasn’t sure how to respond. It’s not my birthday anytime soon, and I’m not a big jewelry person anyway. I tried to ask questions and he refused to say another word. That night I had a dream that he proposed with a ring that was totally not my style and I panicked. I realized that I really want to be a part of the ring choosing process. I have small hands with kinda chubby fingers, considering that I’m pretty thin otherwise. I’m a little self conscious about it. I don’t want ring muffin top so I really want the opportunity to try before buying.

So I tried to bring it up to him tonight when he was teasing me about my most recent crazy dream (hanging out with Ryan Gosling at my old daycare center??). I told him that the dream that had the biggest impact lately was the ring one and it made me realize that when the time comes, I would like to have a say. Well apparently that’s a totally offensive thing to say. We got into a fight about it and I am vowing not to say another word about getting married until he brings it up seriously. Let’s see how long I can last πŸ™‚

Sorry for the rant! Had to get it out πŸ™‚

Post # 11
3469 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m in again this week. Last week wasn’t horrible, but I can do better! 

Post # 12
52 posts
Worker bee

I am in- the SO just used his savings to buy tires for his car. Now the waiting starts all over while he saves up money.

Just need the strength to not say anything to him.. sigh!

Post # 13
27 posts
Newbee

I’m already out… just talked about it while planning a trip. I really can’t shut up… 

Post # 14
352 posts
Helper bee

I’m in again, I need it. Trying really hard.

Post # 15
2573 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Count me in for this week as well. I’ve been doing so well that I was told (without asking) that the timeline is now “before Thanksgiving 2013.” Before it was “sometime in 2013.” Hence that’s 7 months! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
22 posts
Newbee

Alright I’m in. I’m am going to need some serious freaking willpower over here. The ring is arriving in the next two days. However it’s probably not happening until Christmas. Sooooo I’m going to need to keep my mouth closed. 

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/24 – 5/5’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors