(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/9 – 4/14

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Ughhhhh. Last night I got home really late (I always get home late on Thursdays because I host a comedy show that starts at midnight) and I was in a bad mood about other stuff and was unfairly being kind of a bitch to him. But after I yelled at him on the phone, he came out in the middle of the night to walk me home from the Subway, he is so great. I snapped out of it and felt bad and was a bit tipsy and I apologized and then…

I apologized for “pressuring” him and he thanked me and said he doesn’t like being pressured about stuff… and we left it at that… neither of us said the words “marriage” or “engagement” or “ring” or anything, but I am more sure than EVER that I need to shut up.

LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!!

Post # 33
2478 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

Good work ladies, keep it up!

Post # 34
5360 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

SIGH

We went to dinner with my two loudest friends a couple nights ago and one of them asked about my last name. I grew up with a hyphenated name, so he wanted to know if I’d drop mom’s and hyphenate dad’s & SO’s or just use SO’s or what. I said I’m just taking SO’s… then realized I probably should have said something like “Oh I haven’t even thought about that yet!” 😛 Oh well. At least I didn’t bring it up and we changed the subject. 

The SO also came home last night while I was in the bathroom, so I know he saw a venue pulled up on my laptop. Luckily, it’s a restaurant near us and I was looking at the Facebook page, so he might just think I clicked on someone’s check-in or something. He didn’t say anything, anyway.

Post # 35
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Think I may have partially failed this week haha, was watching a really interesting programme about multicultural weddings in Britain, and was telling SO all about it. Mainly because of the amazing Chinese dragon, but still. Didn’t mention anything about us though :p

Post # 36
16 posts
Newbee

i’m back, but failing miserably. :/

Post # 37
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Had a girl’s night with one of my good friends (future BM?) last night and totally got all my wedding talk out to her.  Including the day when I’m pretty sure he’s going to pop the question.  Felt so good to just talk about it!  We also drank wine, at thai food & watched Project Runway, all in all a great night.

Tonight SO is taking me out for dinner at one of our favorite local places.  He owes me because I won our NCAA bracket challenge (we do a dinner bet on it every year).  It’ll be fun to go out with him, we’ve both been so busy lately!  Not going to mention a word about rings or weddings though unless he brings it up!  SIU!

Post # 38
2936 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

thank god for this thread! My SO and I went on a date last night and he mentioned the future and us having kids and I held my tongue about marriage and getting engaged. I just smiled thinking about the shut-it-up pact!

Post # 39
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Brought it up today on a walk. SIUP has been good for me for a few weeks but I think as of next week I’m going to give it a miss for a bit. 🙂

Post # 40
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

We were at a party with SO’s coworkers yesterday…

I kept getting a lot of “your future husband” and “almost engaged” and “soon to be engaged.”  I laughed them all off saying stuff like “we’ll see about that” and “who says I’ll say yes” which everyone knew I was totally kidding.

I think he’s been talking to them about when he’s planning to propose.  I think I played it off pretty cool…

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/9 – 4/14’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors