(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 5/6 – 5/13

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
4524 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Booknerd:  yay!!! I got a prize ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you!

Shut-It-Update: Since finding out my Boyfriend or Best Friend bought my ring, I’ve been working VERY hard not to talk about ANYTHING wedding-wise, and it’s been going well…until Saturday when we happened upon my dream wedding dress in person and he told me to buy it! But now, back to not bugging him ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 4
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Back in again!

Had a moment of weakness this weekend where we were in the car and I asked him, “is there any reason  you can see for us not to get engaged now?” and his answer was “no.”

Really need to shut my mouth now…

Post # 6
80 posts
Worker bee

I did so well last week! 3 comments from him and just a smile and nod from me!! Count me in this week ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 7
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m doing alright with it. He makes snarky comments that I answer just as snarkily, and that’s it. 

I’m in agian.

Post # 8
1603 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Booknerd:  I hate when that happens! I literally do this for every “significant” event ever.. even when I KNOW he won’t propose! When valentines passed, I couldn’t help but feel disappointed.. Even though I have SAID to him I think valentines/Christmas proposals are cheesy and I DON’T want one. My birthday is coming up, and he is taking me to Disneyland!! One of the first things I said to my best friend when telling her about it was “wouldn’t it be awesome if he proposed there? It won’t happen though!”  That night HE said to ME “wouldn’t it be funny if I proposed there?” And I said “that’s what I said to BFF!” And he said “HA! I knew you’d have that thought!” Other than that, I’ve been pretty good about SIU! Maybe because I’m so excited to go to Disney haha!

congrats on graduating, by the way! Hopefully you guys are a little less stressed now that that’s out of the way! 

Post # 9
4524 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Booknerd:  that’s progress, though!! Alot of bees can’t even watch shows in the same HOUSE as SO! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you! 

Post # 10
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Ok I’m in this week! My SO is away for work until Saturday so it should be pretty easy.. although I do have a habit of texting him random pictures of wedding related things.. (like yesterday – my dream wedding car)

So from this moment on I vow to (or at least try my very very hardest to) SHUT IT UP!!! 

Good luck bees! 

Post # 11
352 posts
Helper bee

@Booknerd:  yay! thanks! I’m def back in for the week!

my bf’s def been talking up our committment a lot lately… i actually slipped last night and told him i wanted key lime pie for our wedding cake… but i dont think it’s that bad as long as i don’t mention anythung engagement or ring related.

Post # 12
150 posts
Blushing bee

I am in this week – I keep missing these posts until it is too late. I was very bad over the weekend! So today is a fresh start! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
52 posts
Worker bee

OK- so my SO and I ran into some friends last night that are recently engaged. We chatted about their wedding etc. and after we walked off I managed (even though it was painful) to NOT bring up when we will be getting married. He talked about it a little and I changed the subject and motored on…

Maybe an old dog can be taught new tricks.

Post # 14
352 posts
Helper bee

@FSUGirl99:  good job! That is the HARDEST!!! 

Post # 15
2573 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I am in again this week.

The SO actually asked this past weekend to send him links to rings I like (looking at a pink sapphire on Gemvara) so he can do his “price comparison” and started asking his married colleagues how they went about the ring-buying process, yadayadaya…

Progress! Laughing

Post # 16
7229 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@badabing88:  YAY! So you bought your dress? Any pics?

@Booknerd:  Oh man. Sorry it’s getting so frustrating. I hate those “big moment” days because it’s just such a set up!

I’m doing ok with the pact but man, this week has made me fall in love with SO all over again. We babysat my 7 month old nephew for two nights. The following night (Friday) my sister took a bus to Vegas to visit a friend and ended up in the ER the same night! I was on the phone trying to figure out what happened all night. The next night I got on a bus to Vegas myself. She’ll be in the hospital a couple more days at least and I’m just hanging out in Vegas waiting to be able to drive her home. SIGH. But SO has been a champ through all of it, though. He was super supportive while I freaked out, bought my bus ticket, drove me to the station and waited with me until 1:30am when the bus got there. He’s been texting me and checking up all day every day. He’s a great guy. 

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 5/6 – 5/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors