(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 5/6 – 5/13

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
37 posts
Newbee

Um, I think I needed to have started this a long time ago, but whatever — here I am now!!!! Ugh, but already talked about things this morning once. It’s like HE keeps track of it now, too! Maybe that’s when you KNOW it’s bad, hehehe. Oh well. Let’s SHUT.IT.UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 19
191 posts
Blushing bee

im back again. doing very well keeping it going. hopefully june will be my big month, because july is my walk month.

Post # 21
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m going to join in this week! i know that SO doesn’t want to talk about it much any more since we have all the pre engagement details sorted. Plus, I need to stay focused on other things this week – like study!! πŸ™‚

Post # 22
81 posts
Worker bee

Keeping it going !! Gotta keep it zipped until he gets his masters at the end of the Month and gets a job

Post # 23
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I feel like I’m about to break this pact alrealdy… I was just talking to my friend (she is the only one I can unleash my crazy on about waiting) and we were talking about how I want to get married on mine and SO anniversary.. it falls on a Saturday next year (November) and I’m kind of having a mini freak out.. What if he doesn’t ask me until our anniversary this year…? Then it gives me only 12 months to plan/book venues etc… I want to subtly mention to SO that you need to book things well in advance when it comes to weddings but I KNOW that sounds super pushy/desperate! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 24
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@Booknerd:  I won a prize, yay!!!! Shutting up helps me reduce stressing about “waiting” and I am going to shut up as much as possible this summer so when we go talk to the jeweler in the fall I don’t sound so crazy! Lol but seriously everyone is doing a great job!

congrats on graduating!! Thats so awesome!! Was that your BS or MS? 

View original reply
@badabing88:  your dress is gorgeous btw!!!

View original reply
@laughs:  ah what an awesome cacke idea! my SO and I LOVE key lime pie!!! We want a wedding cake that has key lime curd in it!

View original reply
@MexiPino:  hope your sister is okay!! Glad your SO is so good to you!

Post # 25
46 posts
Newbee

Keep it up everyone!  Best of luck to all the waiting bees!

Post # 26
685 posts
Busy bee

I cracked.. I’m an idiot.. I text my SO about getting married on our anniversary date.. I was telling my friend how much I loved the idea and she was like “just tell him.. do it!!” haha I’m weak! 

On the plus side.. he likes the idea lol!

Post # 28
685 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Booknerd:  I will just have to start again from now πŸ™‚

Post # 29
52 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Booknerd:  WOW! Great job!! You are so right that it is SO much harder when it is someone in your family! In that case, you hear it over and over and over again as everyone plans. I was just happy to be able to talk for about 10 minutes and not completely blow it with that one conversation.

On a side note, me not talking about it has apparently made him want to talk about it more. He keeps bringing up their engagement and asking about ours so maybe this is working. πŸ™‚

Post # 31
380 posts
Helper bee

Ok, I’m on the pact now!  Let’s hope this gives me some peace of mind.

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 5/6 – 5/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors