• Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
@anon00:  Welcome to SIUP!

Had a cute moment with SO this morning:

SO: “Yah, well you’re stuck with me for life.  You get all of this forever!”

Me: “I’m not stuck with anything yet.”

And then he had to catch himself…

SO: “I meant that you’re stuck with me cause we have a dog together…”

Suuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee… nothing to do with the fact that you’re proposing sometime this month.  What a cutie.

Post # 33
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@Booknerd:  That is special tho!! Good job girl!! and excuse my BS MS nonsense. Im working on my BS so I always forget it depends on your major if its a BS or BA LOL Aww Booknerd try not to stress too much! I’m the same way tho :/ I’ll graduate in the spring with my BS and then on to grad school. Right now I’m freaking out about the GRE gah…

Post # 34
3461 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@DreamingofDiamonds:  sometime this month ?!!? ah!!! how can you contain yourself?? ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 35
446 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  Yah seriously, haha!  But I’m looking for a new job and have been really busy with my current job, so the month has gone by quickly thus far.  I really think it’s going to happen a week from Sunday while we are up in Seattle to see our parents… I can’t imagine he would pass up the opportunity to celebrate with them since we rarely see them outside of Christmas holiday… but we’ll see!  We had an agreement it would be before June and we shopped for the ring back in February.

Post # 36
3461 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@DreamingofDiamonds:  AHH How exciting!!! So obvioulsy you have to keep some sort of electronic device with you at all times when you go so we can be updated and see pics of your beautiful ring on your finger!

Post # 37
150 posts
Blushing bee

I failed miserably this week – I think I have mention my ring everyday!

I will try again for next and over the weekend! Might be time to get some more hobbies ๐Ÿ™‚ Although I dont know when I will squish them in.

Post # 38
446 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  I will most definitely have my cell with me!  I guess cause I kind of expect it to be that day, I haven’t been on pins and needles at every dinner we’ve been out to etc, which is a good thing :).

Post # 40
380 posts
Helper bee

Is everyone here expecting an engagement in the very near future?  My situation is that my SO says he wants to marry me for sure, but not for the next year or two- so naturally it’s frustrating for me.  I want to speed up his decision (hopefully) but if not, I just want to be more at peace with it.

Post # 42
3461 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@anon00:  I’m expecting my SO to propose between January and April of 2014. He’s going to start designing my ring in September or October so I’m holding my tongue for that! If you want to get married in the next year or so when do you expect a proposal? Just wondering some people have long engagements while others want a short wait! Try not to push him too much, it’ll make him stressed and as the bees will tell you he’ll wait longer if he’s stressed 

Post # 43
380 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  Fair point!  That’s one reason I’m shutting up ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 44
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

Big Fat Fail

Yesterday was so bad on the Pact front. We were meeting up with a couple of SO’s friends that I hadn’t met yet. They were at the Apple store, so while SO went to find them I snuck into the beauty store and bought OPI’s “Otherwise Engaged” because I needed new waiting polish!

At dinner the friend mentioned something about “sealing the deal” and asked if we were close. SO said something like “We’re working on it” and friend said “Getting close?” I got ALL uncomfortable and did what I always do when I’m uncomfortable- make a joke. So I looked at my left hand and said “Apparently not THAT close” and immediately felt bad for calling out SO. ๐Ÿ˜›

After we left the friends we didn’t want to go home cause it was too nice out, so we went for a drive along the beach. Since the night was a Pact-fail anyway, I made him drive by my dream venue LOL

Post # 45
1603 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@DreamingofDiamonds:  WOOO! I hope you’re right! I can’t wait to see the ring/hear the proposal!

Post # 46
3461 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Don’t feel bad!! I feel like I always use sarcasm/jokes to help break uncomfortable moments and sometimes they suck anyway!

I failed some today because some how we talked about our future and how are parents act and I confided in SO that I’m slightly nervous that my mom will be upset when we get engaged. I’m the only daughter out of 3 kids and even though I know I’ll be 23 or 24 when we get married (SO will be 26 or 27) I’m still nervous my mom will be like OMG NOOO DONT LEAVE ME LOL but he plans on talking to her about it ahead of time so HOPEFULLY she wont be surprised when it happens!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 5/6 – 5/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors