(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 6/11 – 6/25

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
@aithinne:  Was it just me, or was there a LOT of breaking up/cheating threads last week? Holy cow. It was depressing. So I’ve been mostly avoiding those now too. 

Post # 18
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
@MexiPino:  It wasn’t just you. I’m stalking one of them, but I haven’t posted anything. 

It’s been a crazy week for that apparently.

Post # 19
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@MexiPino:  There were DEFINITELY a ton of cheating/break up threads.  I have avoided every single one.  Just too depressing!

Post # 20
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@kandykane1:  They seriously almost started a fight with me & SO! I noticed something totally innocent on his laptop and thought the absolute worst. Thankfully, I removed myself and took some time to think about it before I went out and calmly discussed it with him. It is seriously INSANE to think that he is cheating, but all the crazy threads got in my head!

Post # 21
4520 posts
Honey bee

I will definitely not be the second time winner. We talked wedding last night. He loves my idea for flowers, but I could have brought it up some other time in, say, the next two years! 

Post # 22
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@MexiPino:  Yikes!  Glad you guys didn’t end up fighting.  And yes, I know how these threads can sometimes influence thoughts!  Sometimes I overthink things to a crazy degree because of what I’ve read on here.  Reasons as to why my SO may have not proposed yet, things that someone’s SO has done that have them accusing him of cheating, etc!  Sometimes they really freak me out!  That’s why I’ve decided not to read the cheating/break up ones any more.  I’ll keeping reading all the waiting ones though, haha!

Post # 23
9 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Booknerd:  I’m still in! It has come up from his end and I’ve played it cool – him calling me by his last name always makes my belly flip flop!! I haven’t brought it up once!!! Wooo!!! My goal is to be part of the Shut It Up Pact until 1) January 2) “It” happens ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 24
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

How are we doing, ladies? 

I’ve been doing well on the “no wedding talk” front… except when people harrass us about BABIES. My sister needed a sitter on Saturday while SO & I were headed to a family party. So we picked up my nephew & took him to the party with us. Nephew LOVES women but takes a while to warm up to men. He’s been around my SO enough, though, that he really likes him (after about five minutes ๐Ÿ™‚ ). Anyway, all the aunties were very excited about how well we were doing with the baby and are now on a mission to get me knocked up. 

“When are you going to have your own babies mija? Your boyfriend is so good with the baby! You should have babies!”

My new response? “We’re taking donations toward our wedding fund. I get my wedding- then you get your babies.”

Post # 26
1237 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve done pretty good! A death glare, one mention of jokingly skyping him into the barn reception, but for the most part, no talking about our engagement…yay me!

Post # 27
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@Booknerd:  I’ve done pretty well. I mean, other than the baby talk, but that wasn’t my fault! He totally hasn’t caught me on the Bee or watching SYTTD (which I’m suddenly ADDICTED TO even though I plan to get a dress made when the time comes). We’re getting ready to move, so all focus has been on that. 

Post # 29
Hostess
10353 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

@Booknerd:  AH I SO NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!  I hate waiting but I don’t want to drive FH crazy so I need to shut the hell up for 2 weeks.  Good idea!!  I will reward myself with a massage ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 30
1237 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Booknerd:  So I flunked on Sunday, is there an award for TRYING really HARD? LOL

Post # 31
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@Booknerd:  We’re apartment hunting right now and it’s changing our relationship in some interesting ways. I moved into his apartment a few months ago without any real talk or thought. (I was living with my dad before here.) I didn’t change anything in the apartment and pretty much just brought only what I needed. Now SO got a new job and we need to relocate, so this will be our first place TOGETHER. Suddenly our finances are combining and we’re making pretty huge decisions together, including possibly selling his car and sharing mine! (Parking in LA SUCKS BALLS.)

Anyway, that led to an interesting little aside from him while we were filling out an application. There’s this part where you have to list anyone else living in the apartment and your relationship to them.

SO: “What do I put as our relationship?”
Me: “Seriously? I’m your girlfriend. Whatelse would you put besides ‘girlfriend’?”
SO: “Well you’re not my fiance… yet.”

This would be so cute except I know he’s not even saving for a ring yet. Punk ass.  

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 6/11 – 6/25’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors